Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 40
Neulsaem | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:32 PM

Proclaim keeps quiting

Please see the logs!

We have a service in 30 minutes... Oops!

Posts 40
Neulsaem | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:33 PM

logs

Posts 40
Neulsaem | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:34 PM

more logs5127.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 40
Neulsaem | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:34 PM

8420.log.zip

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:42 PM

Neulsaem, taking a look at your logs and I don't see anything related to a crash. Looks like Proclaim is running for a few minutes at least? Does it seem to crash randomly or is it related to a specific action? 

Posts 40
Neulsaem | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:46 PM

After about three minutes. I let the pre-service loop on air and make a few changes in the main slides and it keeps crashing. It keeps happening for the 6th time now! Can't think of the same action that I executed... Strange that logs are OK. Did you see the crash logs from the Mac also?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 3:57 PM

Yes, I see the Apple crash logs now... I can see Proclaim code running in the callstack but it doesn't seem consistent across the three crash logs. Do you have any new hardware connected? Wondering if that could be related...

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 4:03 PM

It's a stretch but you could try uninstalling and manually installing from http://proclaimonline.com/download We have an updated version available that uses the new 10.11 SDK so the behavior might change for you.

I impersonated your account locally and couldn't reproduce the issue. Of course we can investigate further on Monday morning, but I realize this doesn't help you for your service today. 

Posts 40
Neulsaem | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 4:13 PM

Something that was unusual that I just found out was that...

while I was on air and editing the presentation,

someone else was editing the presentation...

Would that have an effect?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2016 4:20 PM

Neulsaem:

Something that was unusual that I just found out was that...

while I was on air and editing the presentation,

someone else was editing the presentation...

Would that have an effect?

Concurrent editing will cause the presentation to reload when changes from the other client are synced, but Proclaim is designed to handle this. That being said you might want to avoid this during your actual service and we can debug this problem further on Monday. My apologies for the disruption I'm sure this is causing you, I'm very interested in figuring out what is causing this instability.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 9:48 AM

Neulsaem, how did your service go? We're starting a deeper investigation of this issue now.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS