question about New International Biblical Commentary: New Testament ?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 27 2010 11:20 AM

Is the price of this  book incljuded with the 87 kooks from Zondervan,which costs 1800 USD?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 11:34 AM

No it is not. This series is published by Hendrickson, not Zondervan.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 11:47 AM

Mark ,Do you know about it?What do you think about this commentary?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 1:13 PM

It's OK, but not great. Personally I would prefer BST or IVPNTC. Carson says "On the whole it is competent without being technical or overly long."

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 1:28 PM

Tes:
Mark ,Do you know about it?What do you think about this commentary?

No I don't. There are some good authors in there and some I don't know. As Mark Barnes pointed out it isn't highly rated. There are probably a few volumes worth having, which I might pursue if they were available individually. I'd add the Tyndale Commentaries as a better choice, being more highly rated, and having both Testaments if you don't already have it. It wouldn't cost any more.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:04 PM

I have ''Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary'' What I have is only what is Logos 4. Is it extra? 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:08 PM

Tes:
with the 87 kooks from Zondervan

Tes, if you only knew what your typo of "books" means. . .

Big Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:25 PM

Dan DeVilder:

May you please make it clear?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:30 PM

I have a problem ,many time when I type ,wrong alphabets appear ,is there something wrong ,or it's me making mistakes?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:14 PM

Tes:

Dan DeVilder:

You wrote "kooks" instead of "books."

A kook, is a person who is insane, or who acts in very strange ways. The "87 kooks from Zondervan" sounded like an unintended description for a company that has made some unpopular decisions recently.

Dan, and the rest of us (I'm sure) know this was a mistake. Yet it's still funny - sort of.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:36 PM

Tes:
I have ''Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary'' What I have is only what is Logos 4. Is it extra? 

Yes it is extra. The Tyndale Old and New Testament Commentary Series can be found here:

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5310

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:44 PM

Deleted post.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 6:02 PM

Tes, I was just "messin'" with you. Geeked  I make typos all the time--and I actually do editing for a part-time living, lol.  Richard got it right.  I thought it was funny. . . sort of!  Stick out tongue  All in good fun.

If I knew Amharic and Tigrinya as well as you know English und Deutsch, I'd be a happy man.  And quadlingual.  :)

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:55 AM

Thanks for the understanding

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 10:07 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Tes:

Dan DeVilder:

A kook, is a person who is insane, or who acts in very strange ways. The "87 kooks from Zondervan" sounded like an unintended description for a company that has made some unpopular decisions recently.

Dan, and the rest of us (I'm sure) know this was a mistake. Yet it's still funny - sort of.

Richard ,I just laughed alone ,early in the morning ,in our time it was about 9 Am before I went  to the church ,that means it was  night over there, and again now,I laughed alone ,for what I did , without intension. You have exposed ,what the meaning literly means.I apologize for writing this to the  Zondervan company as well as to Logos.

God bless you!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 10:34 AM

Tes:

Richard DeRuiter:

Tes:

Dan DeVilder:

Richard ,I just laughed alone ,early in the morning ,in our time it was about 9 Am before I went  to the church ,that means it was  night over there, and again now,I laughed alone ,for what I did , without intension. You have exposed ,what the meaning literly means.I apologize for writing this to the  Zondervan company as well as to Logos.

God bless you!

Tes, as we say here in the US: "it doesn't get any better than this!" meaning, in this case, that was very very funny, because it was so unintentional and yet loaded with so much meaning because of all the strong feelings that have been going on in some about the Z company.  I know you didn't mean it.  But I sure had a great laugh.  Glad you did to.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 10:58 AM

Dan DeVilder:
I sure had a great laugh.  Glad you did t

Dan,it's nice of you. my laugher is being extended,

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS