Searching Help

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 677
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 11 2016 8:39 AM

I am having trouble searching for a topic in my journals. How do I search for a keyword in a journal title? For example, if I want to search on all the titles that has family in the title? title:family does not bring the desired results.   

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 8:44 AM

The help file has guidance on this. For journals that have been tagged with the new label it's: {Label Journal Article WHERE Title ~ "Family"}

Alternatively, you can use the fieldname headingtext (not title) — headingtext:family. Note that the two methods will give different results, as they're using different data.

Note: if you're struggling to think of which field name to use, just use the dropdown picker when you're searching. If you restrict your search to a particular collection before using the picker, you'll only see fieldnames that are appropriate for that collection.

Note 2: Case matching is always set to "on" for Label searches, but as Titles are generally indexed in title case, then you'll want to search for "Family", not "family".

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 12:20 PM

Robert Peters:
For example, if I want to search on all the titles that has family in the title?

Suggest searching Heading and Large Text

Mark Barnes:
For journals that have been tagged with the new label it's: {Label Journal Article WHERE Title ~ "Family"}

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS