Journals - what next?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1015
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 2:38 AM

Where are we at with journals? When I bought the master bundle there was talk of quarterly update bundles being available to purchase? A large part of the reason to get journals is to follow the latest research. The master journal bundle 2.1 has been on prepub for ages?

Hoping someone at faithlife has some exciting plans to share?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 4:21 AM

My guess is that we will get the same answer as before - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/123026.aspx?PageIndex=2

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The cost to produce all the journals in 2.1 is higher than the amount that's been committed to the Pre-Pub. The only things in question are (1) when to ship (not if) and (2) how to generate enough sales to cover all of the production costs.

But an update on things would be great.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10309
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:47 AM

This is an interesting problem.  They built the new expressway that supports the older neighborhoods. Now, the new neighborhoods want an extension, but gee, looks pretty expensive. Tolls maybe. Or buy future pieces of expressway?  Plus, no doubt the drivers will insist on maintaining the older part ... tags and such.

I signed up for the academic update prepub. But I couldn't fathom how a new person could afford the prepub, since each quarter, the price would rise.

Then, there's new journals I don't need ... sit out on the margins. Plus Logos can't get the 'journal' I do read (BAR), so I end up buying onesy-twosies of BAR ... getting used to the fragmentation.

So, bottomline, I'm thinking to cancel, and just view my Logos journals as a point in time ... like all my other books.  Unless, Logos has a plan.  I'd assume, something like an embedded access to externals. Shhhhh, quiet.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:26 AM

Hello everyone,

We'll be scheduling MJB 2.1, Theology 2.1, Academic, TJL Upgrade to ship on 7/1.

Associated sub-bundles will follow shortly thereafter.

As you probably have guessed, we'll be changing the way we do journals. The cost to produce them is quite high, and while we will continue to offer new journals, the pricing structure and method of offering will change.

That being said, the time to get in on journals is now. The discount level we are offering on journals will not be offered again. The MJB is the best deal for anyone who is interested in journals.

https://www.logos.com/product/54391/master-journal-bundle-21

Posts 3311
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:48 AM

If you don't own any journals and you purchase the MJB2.1 does that mean you only get the updates included in that or would you get everything mentioned on the product page to include the update?

Posts 10309
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:04 AM

Well, 7/1 and 'we're changing' seals the deal for me. Plus theological leakage into the academic bundle ... I guess to fluff it up a bit. I cancelled.

Posts 2856
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:11 AM

Denise:
I cancelled.

Smart move.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:16 AM

Mattillo:

If you don't own any journals and you purchase the MJB2.1 does that mean you only get the updates included in that or would you get everything mentioned on the product page to include the update?

Yes.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:40 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Yes.

Red or Blue?

Yes  Big Smile

Can we ask the question(s) again?

1 Does that mean you only get the updates included in that?

2 Would you get everything mentioned on the product page to include the update?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:44 AM

If you get MJB 2.1 you'll get everything listed on that product page—which includes everything from the original Master Journal Bundle.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:52 AM

Many thanks.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 12:29 PM

Matthew Miller:
We'll be scheduling MJB 2.1, Theology 2.1, Academic, TJL Upgrade to ship on 7/1.

Associated sub-bundles will follow shortly thereafter.

Thanks! Journals are a key component for Logos' part of research and writing and I'm very pleased to hear the continued support!

Posts 3311
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 12:53 PM

Any chance of updating the Master's Seminary Journal Collection?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS