Locating Book In Library

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 7:26 AM

This might seem like an elementary question but I need some help on locating specific books in the Library. For an example, say I am looking for "Believers Bible Commentary" . When I type the name in the library search I get a list of a lot of books (why that is I do not know) Bible Believers Commentary is one of them but there are many more. I still have to scroll through the list to locate that book and click on it. Is there a better way to find a specific book in the Library? Thanks so much for you help.

Posts 897
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:39 AM

Tagging your resources will help you with this. (Wiki article here)  I won't attempt to justify Logos' methodology for delivering library results, but I sympathize with you over having to either put up with inaccurate results or tag literally thousands of resources to get something as basic as a volume in a set of commentaries.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 536
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:41 AM

When I know exactly the title of the book - I click Rank - then it brings it up to the top. Hope this helps.

Posts 1088
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:42 AM

Hello Ted

I tried the search also but i have no resources close to that title. Is the resource you have "Believers Bible Commentary" or "Believer's Bible Commentary" I did find the second one as a Logos resource but not the first one. I don't have this in my Library though. 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:10 AM

Putting it in double quotes narrows it down:

No double quotes has many more results:

Posts 23589
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:20 AM

As Robert says using double quotes constrains it.

If you aren't sure of the exact title then using the "title:" filter can help as well

Posts 26006
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:56 PM

Graham Criddle:
If you aren't sure of the exact title then using the "title:" filter can help as well

title:bible believers commentary can be improved as the title: filter applies only to "bible".

title:"believers bible" is more accurate as it would not display "Believers Church Bible Commentary"

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:01 PM

Ted Harms:
When I type the name in the library search I get a list of a lot of books

Try <title:"believers bible"> (no angle brackets).  Let us know if it works.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:42 AM

Ted Harms:
When I type the name in the library search I get a list of a lot of books (why that is I do not know)

Without qualification, library filter searches many fields, including description & title:

Dave Hooton:
title:bible believers commentary can be improved as the title: filter applies only to "bible".

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 133
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 5:26 AM

Thanks so much. Putting Title: before the search really narrowed the field and got what I wanted. Thanks so much. I will have to explore tagging sometime and see what that is all about but for now you guys helped a lot. You are always there with very good suggestions. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS