CHRISTIANITY TODAY ON PRE PUB!

Page 3 of 4 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 64 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 911
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 12:04 PM

Scott Jacobsen:

Just a comment for the future--in considering the history of evangelicalism as reflected by CT, the ads themselves are very helpful. Ads are a sort of artifact showing what was considered important to the church at a particular stage of its existence. 

Yes

Posts 912
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 2:09 PM

I'm bummed that this version, which I had put an order in on, was pulled:

It was, for me, a better deal than the 1956–2016 bundle.  The price was lower, and you got the more recent issues.  Given that I have the 2006-2015 bundle through my base package, I just don't see spending the money to go all the way back to 1956.

Posts 4
Douglas Hammerstrom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 9:15 PM

There is lots of excellent stuff back there. 

Posts 2
Douglas Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 5:31 PM

What about the cartoons? Are they included?

Posts 912
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 5:40 PM

Douglas Hammerstrom:

There is lots of excellent stuff back there. 

No doubt.  But we all have to make choices about where we spend our money. The smaller package made sense for me - the larger one, not so much.

Posts 1633
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 6:44 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
The 2006-2015 bundle will always have images. The others won't.

Just as well to have text-only, as 2006-2015 is when the kewl pastors/writers started wearing funny hair.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5 | Fully Blinkered Calvinistic Baptist

Posts 1863
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 3:19 AM

The deal now includes a 1 year subscription if you order before 15 June.

https://www.logos.com/christianity-today

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 8368
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 5:22 AM

Jan Krohn:

The deal now includes a 1 year subscription if you order before 15 June.

https://www.logos.com/christianity-today

Just thought I should clarify the small print on the bottom - this deal only applies to the USA.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1863
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 5:37 AM

"International customers will receive a one-year digital subscription to Christianity Today."

Which is even better, since digital subscriptions usually come with archive access, so I can hopefully download the full PDF versions and therefore get all the images and ads of the past issues, which are missing from the Logos version.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 540
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 6:31 AM

Is this not included in the Master Journal Bundle 4.1?

Posts 25
John Daily | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 11:09 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

The 2006-2015 bundle will always have images. The others won't.

Just to further clarify:

If I purchase the 1956-2016 package, will the issues from 2006-2015 contain images, or is every issue within that bundle stripped?

Posts 8368
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 11:21 AM

Jan Krohn:
"International customers will receive a one-year digital subscription to Christianity Today."

Yes, I should have clarified that I was referring to the print edition.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1768
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 2:43 PM

Wow.  The Christianity Today Pre pub continues to get more confusing. 

So, if I click the pre-order, I get it for $99.99 plus the print edition

But what if I already pre-ordered it at $86.54 in March?  Would that still include the print edition?

Posts 8368
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 6:39 PM

Mark:
But what if I already pre-ordered it at $86.54 in March?  Would that still include the print edition?

I would certainly think that would be the case.

Posts 1
Gregory Colby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 6:40 PM

That is a really good point!  A kind of social history survey.

What do you think CT - cold you ever do something like that?  A survey fo the ads over time?

Posts 101
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop in to give a heads up about CT in base packages:

If you placed an order for the Christianity Today collection during the "get a free year subscription to Christianity Today" promotional period, but decide you want to purchase a base package that has the full Christianity Today archive instead of waiting for the archive to ship off Pre-Pub, you will still qualify for the free year subscription. Keep in mind that you won't receive the free year subscription until the Pre-Pub ships to everyone else in the coming months.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 540
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:16 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Hello everyone,

If you placed an order for the Christianity Today collection during the "get a free year subscription to Christianity Today" promotional period, but decide you want to purchase a base package that has the full Christianity Today archive instead of waiting for the archive to ship off Pre-Pub, you will still qualify for the free year subscription. Keep in mind that you won't receive the free year subscription until the Pre-Pub ships to everyone else in the coming months.

Thanks Daniel- I was going to post this question, but you were thinking ahead!  

Posts 8368
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:20 AM

Michael S.:
Thanks Daniel- I was going to post this question, but you were thinking ahead!  

I was just about to do the same thing. Thanks.

Posts 26242
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:57 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Hello everyone,

Does this mean users should keep the pre-pub or cancel?

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 101
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:31 AM

JT (alabama24):

Does this mean users should keep the pre-pub or cancel?

Either way is fine, when we charge for the Pre-Pub, our system runs a check to make sure you don't own the resources already. If you do, you don't get charged again. If you cancel beforehand, I have a certain set of skills allowing me to check when you placed an order. So no worries either way Smile

Product Manager, Faithlife

Page 3 of 4 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS