Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 10:06 AM

Rich DeRuiter:
(Plus I like pretty pictures.)

Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 10:50 AM

From what I see over at Accordance and Olivetree they have the sale only for one week so I would guess  the same here at Logos.... You can buy on sale just the OT or NT sets individually. So lack of dynamic pricing is not a big deal unless you have some of the individual volumes, which i didmd;t even realize was an option till I went looking today.

-Dan

Posts 6498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 12:11 PM

JoshInRI:

I never imagined these would go on sale and bought the print copies.  I am tempted to buy them here and give the print copies overseas to a missionary now.  Still not sure what some are saying here regarding costs.

Each print set is more expensive at Christianbook dot com right now, so the Logos set is the way to go at the moment.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 1:12 PM

Dan Francis:

From what I see over at Accordance and Olivetree they have the sale only for one week so I would guess  the same here at Logos.... You can buy on sale just the OT or NT sets individually. So lack of dynamic pricing is not a big deal unless you have some of the individual volumes, which i didmd;t even realize was an option till I went looking today.

-Dan

The other sites have the sale until 29th May

Posts 263
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 2:29 PM

I would say they are worth it for that price. Visually a very good resource with much good information - occasionally great information. However, I would only recommend this set for those who already have an extensive commentary library. If you are building your library this money would be far better spent on other sets or resources in my opinion.

Posts 169
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 2:52 PM

Greg Corbin:

I would say they are worth it for that price. Visually a very good resource with much good information - occasionally great information. However, I would only recommend this set for those who already have an extensive commentary library. If you are building your library this money would be far better spent on other sets or resources in my opinion.

I'm trying to round out my resources for Bible study.  I have a fairly good collection of commentaries. (NICOT/NT, WBC, PNTC, NAC, TOTC/TNTC, NIVAC)

What would be a better used of funds.  This set or getting a Bible dictionary like AYBD?  I know they're 2 very different kinds of resources, but I'm on a budget and know that this set doesn't go on sale in Logos so that's why I'm considering it.

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 3:05 PM

Michael in my opinion you need something like AYBD more than this set. AYBD will give you in words - and more if them - the material you are likely to find in this resource. I would also suggest the Essential IVP Reference Collection before this one (although for some reason it is not now available in Logos).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 3:17 PM

Mark Smith:

Michael in my opinion you need something like AYBD more than this set. AYBD will give you in words - and more if them - the material you are likely to find in this resource. I would also suggest the Essential IVP Reference Collection before this one (although for some reason it is not now available in Logos).

All these recommendations are great! Don't this kind of deals rarely come into Logos.😄

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 3:22 PM

Mike Pettit:
The other sites have the sale until 29th May

My mistake I couldn't see the end date on Olivetree (just it listed under "this weeks sale")... and in the Accordance page I only looked on the weekly page that listed Monday night (May 23 11:59pm ) as ending time. Going there again I was either blind (very possible, sometimes I swear i am virtually selectively dyslexic THIS MUST BE THE RIGHT READING, who cares what the word actually is) or it has been changed. I apologize if I panicked anyone.

-Dan

EDIT: just not careful enough reading on my part:

* Sale prices on the products featured in this newsletter cannot be combined with other discounts. ZIBBCOT and ZIBBCNT sale prices will end on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 11:59 pm EDT. Other sale prices will end on Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:59 pm EDT. To help our users purchase their desired packages, we offer an easy payment plan

Posts 126
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 3:39 PM

EDIT: If you purchase the AYBD, you should search online for a discount code. 

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 3:48 PM

Richard, I know you have good intentions, but Faithlife has asked us not to share coupon codes here on the Forum. You can see that under Forum Guidelines in the General Forum.

You can, however, tell folks where to find the code themselves.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 4:25 PM

Where did that code come from?

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 4:58 PM

Sep 4, 2008 Logos Blog has the identical code... I am guessing it comes and goes not sure where it is most lately listed.

-Dan

Posts 3286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 5:23 PM

Well it worked and I finally own the aybd so this is a good day

Posts 3286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 5:23 PM

Thanks!!!

Posts 6498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2016 5:39 PM

I can get AYBD at a cheaper discount than the code offers. Call a good sales rep; especially if you are upgrading. It might go from $199 to $179 ;)

Posts 91
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2016 12:32 PM

Wow...kinda bummed, but kinda not at the same time.

I recently snagged these resources for $4.99 a piece (some may have been $3.99) from Amazon. Sure, they are not in Logos, but hey...what can you do, right?!?

Posts 126
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2016 6:10 PM

Ruben Sandoval:

I recently snagged these resources for $4.99 a piece (some may have been $3.99) from Amazon. Sure, they are not in Logos, but hey...what can you do, right?!?

How recent did you purchase them? Amazon allows returns on digital purchases.

Posts 91
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2016 8:34 PM

Richard J. Ward:
How recent did you purchase them? Amazon allows returns on digital purchases.

Good look outs, Richard, but it was more than a month ago...plus for that price...well...I think I'll swing over to the Kindle and read there, as need be, you know?!?

Posts 29
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2016 9:18 PM

Ruben Sandoval:

Bummed is right. If I would have known they would be on sale in Logos for this cheap I would have waited.

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS