Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary on sale

Page 4 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 43
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2016 9:37 AM

It's worth the extra $2.00 I believe to buy each volume separately. That way it's easier to sell in the future if you find you no longer need it. When selling a resource you can't split up the volumes if they were bought as one package.

Posts 43
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2016 9:33 PM

Ted Weis:

The pictures are very good, clear, and may be easily exported.

This a great resource at a great price.

I just purchased this set. I can't find a way to export the pictures. When I right click the illustration it highlights the whole section. There is no place in the context menu to save the picture. Am I missing something?

Posts 21973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 12:20 AM

Brandon Tucker:
I just purchased this set. I can't find a way to export the pictures. When I right click the illustration it highlights the whole section. There is no place in the context menu to save the picture. Am I missing something?

Ensure "Image" is selected on the right-hand side - then you get a number of export options

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 4:01 PM

This is unbelievable...I missed the sale!

Long sigh.  Logos cant do a thing...I asked.

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 5:10 PM

Dal have you ever used that site? Any idea how it works? 

I would be worried about giving someone money and then then not following through

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 5:12 PM

Mattillo:

Dal have you ever used that site?

You do realise that Dal is the seller and it is his own post he linked to? Wink

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 5:24 PM

Haha I did have that thought but I already own that set. I was curious as to other resources

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 5:57 PM

...not sure about this....thanks (I think) Dal but it was much lower a week ago..sigh.

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 6:00 AM

History buffs may want to check out the Fortress Press Faithlife group today... 17 hours ago they posted a secret sale on one book.  Just an FYI

Posts 6472
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 7:17 AM

Mattillo:

History buffs may want to check out the Fortress Press Faithlife group today... 17 hours ago they posted a secret sale on one book.  Just an FYI

A big thank you this is an awesome and informative title !

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 7:38 AM

The set is showing up for me at $327.99. That is way too much money. 

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 7:46 AM

Mattillo:

Thanks, but I like pictures with my history! I can't believe they aren't included. Sad Wonder whose bright idea that was

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 7:57 AM

Yes, I was just about to place my order when I noticed that the illustrations are not included. For preparing PP presentations, the pictures make all the difference. I suppose at the price, you get what you pay for.

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 8:13 AM

I agree on the no-pictures part... kind of a drag there but you are getting what seems to be a nice history book for $10 so that is an up.  It also comes with a study guide and some other resource on writing papers so 3 books (sort of) right there.  I snagged it up and will look at over the next 30 days.  Worse comes to worse I return it

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 8:25 AM

David Carter:

Mattillo:

Thanks, but I like pictures with my history! I can't believe they aren't included. Sad Wonder whose bright idea that was

The pictures, okay, but it seems the original had some great timelines and charts. Nevertheless - this book has a 1990s copyright and it may well be that Fortress doesn't have the rights to licence the visual content for electronic distribution. I'm glad it's shown right away on the product page - what irks me a bit is that the resource keeps calling itself "...with CDROM" - don't think they will ship one. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 8:27 AM

How do I find this fortress press group?

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 8:33 AM

See my post in the general forum today for the link

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 8:33 AM

Sorry away from my computer at moment

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2016 6:03 PM

DAL:

I was reading select passages (Revelation 3:14-19) on BECNT and other samples and it just makes me realize even more that the onlt value added to this set are the pictures. I'm good but thank you Zondervan for such an outstanding sale! I'm glad those who did buy the set are getting a great discount :)

DAL

What do you recommend in the way of commentaries that good have background info and just in general?

Page 4 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS