New American Commentary Series sale?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 176
Al Het | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 23 2016 9:17 AM

At some point last year, I came across a post letting us all know that the NAC was on sale.  I think they were selling all the volumes but one, for something like $8 each (7.99, I believe).  When I went and looked, the sale was over.  I figured/hoped to see it again some time.  Needless to say, I haven't yet.

My question for anyone who remembers the sale is, does anyone remember the circumstances surrounding that sale?  I would assume it was the publisher, not Logos, that instituted it.  I'm just trying to figure out how to catch this sale if it comes around again.  I never received an email for it, and I'm not on this site often enough to be sure I'd see it in time, when some helpful soul posts about these sales.

I know this is a commentary that is not everyone's favorite, and that it comes with some base packages.  I've got most of the print volumes, accumulated over time, but it is far more convenient in software, if you can get it for the right price.

Thanks.

Al

Posts 22114
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 9:28 AM

Al Het:
My question for anyone who remembers the sale is, does anyone remember the circumstances surrounding that sale? 

The sale was advertised at https://blog.logos.com/2016/01/get-individual-nac-volumes-for-just-7-99-each/ (and an email was sent out as well)

There is a discussion of it at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/122082.aspx 

I received the email regarding this because I am subscribed to the "Commentaries" mailing list - you might want to check what you have subscribed to at https://www.logos.com/account/mailinglists 

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 10:21 AM

I upgraded from Bronze to Silver in 2014 which included the NAC set (41 volumes excluding the 1 Cor resource).  The price paid was even lower than the 41 x $7.99 each pricing.

So check it out if of relevance to you.

Posts 2829
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 11:45 AM

There have been some great commentary sales like that.  I would love to see some kind of similar sale on the Hermeneia Commentaries.  There are seven to ten of those I would like to pick up, but not enough to buy the whole set.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 176
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 12:50 PM

Thanks Graham.  I had come across the discussion thread you linked to above, just a day or two after the sale ended.

I'll get on the "Commentaries" mailing list.  It's weird.  I get emails about sales every now and then.  I also get lots of emails about the training seminars and things like that.  However, back then, I checked and hadn't gotten the one on this sale.

I hope the thing comes back at some point.  I'll also look into potential "upgrades" that might get it for me.

Posts 176
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 1:01 PM

>>I upgraded from Bronze to Silver in 2014 which included the NAC set (41 volumes excluding the 1 Cor resource).  The price paid was even lower than the 41 x $7.99 each pricing.<<

Thanks, Alan.  I'll look into the cost of "upgrading" to a package that has it.

I'm weird, in that I bought a top of the line collection back in the mid 90s, and have intentionally avoided upgrading packages.  When I want something, I will usually just buy that product, rather than look at potential upgrades.  I suppose if it were significantly cheaper for something I was intending to buy, I would purchase the upgrade.  I'm not strongly opposed to adding lots more books that I'm never going to use.  I just don't see the need for it. 

However, if upgrading might get me this package at better than that sale price, I'll definitely look into it.  I suspect that, because my package is an early one, it will cost me much more to upgrade.  The early high-end packages came with really good scholarly tools, but not a lot of additional books.  Now, I suspect the most basic package comes with more numbers of books than mine did, meaning the value they would credit me might be pretty small.  But, there's only one way to find out...

Thanks again.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 1:38 PM

Al Het:
I suspect that, because my package is an early one, it will cost me much more to upgrade.

It depends. The discount is based on the resources you own in the new package. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2358
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2016 5:58 AM

Michael Childs:

There have been some great commentary sales like that.  I would love to see some kind of similar sale on the Hermeneia Commentaries.  There are seven to ten of those I would like to pick up, but not enough to buy the whole set.

This series was on sale last year in May, but I don't remember how much it was discounted.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/105117.aspx?PageIndex=1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS