OT: Occasion for thankfulness, including to Faithlife and forum members

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1934
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 24 2016 11:04 AM

By the grace of God (and the extraordinary patience of my wife), I graduated with my M.Div. from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary last Friday (5/20). Given that all of our children are adults and out of the house, and that I've been at the "student thing" for 5 years, my feeling these days is, "What now?"

This is an appropriate occasion to thank everyone at Faithlife - Logos was indispensable for the entirety of the program, in particular for the extensive reading I was able to do on my iPad and for all of the research papers. I was fortunate to be able to take a j-term course at SBTS taught by FL's own Dr. Steven Runge - he's graciously allowed our relationship to continue beyond the classroom.

I also want to thank everyone on these forums. I've received 2^10 more than I've received (a little computer science humor there). I know at times I've been a little "direct" - I've consciously tried to tone that down for the last 2-3 years.

I hope to have more time now to use the Logos features that I haven't had time to learn in depth and to contribute a bit more here on the forums. I trust that FL will continue holding firm on never delivering a Linux version of Logos, and maybe even take that great step of faith and drop their Mac product. Wink

Again, thanks all. Soli Deo Gloria.

Donnie

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 11:16 AM

Congrats Donnie. Do well in your future endeavors. 

Lynden Williams Commun

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 11:28 AM

Congratulations, Donnie.  I give you permission to take a holiday [wink.]  Perhaps read that book in Logos that you always wanted to, but could not find the time to so do these last 5 years.

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 3:03 PM

Well done Donnie! To God be the glory indeed!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 3:14 PM

Well done Donnie :-)

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 3:44 PM

Congratulations, Donnie. I must say you should have chosen Southwestern, but that's OK. Smile

So what's next for you?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1934
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 6:21 PM

Mark Smith:
I must say you should have chosen Southwestern, but that's OK.

I definitely could not have handled Southwestern, given my preferred confession is 2nd London 1689. ;)

Mark Smith:
So what's next for you?

I'm a bi-vocational pastor (before Friday, I described myself as tri-vocational). Until it's clear that I'm supposed to do something else, that won't change. I'm considering the new modular ThM that Southern just introduced. I have 2-3 opportunities / contacts that would allow me to do pastor training as short-term missions, so I'm starting to look into how that would work. And in the most immediate term, my wife and I are taking a long-delayed vacation together fairly soon.

Donnie

Posts 21
Gerard Shanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 6:36 PM

Congratulations! SmileSmile

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2016 10:23 AM

Donnie Hale:

Mark Smith:
I must say you should have chosen Southwestern, but that's OK.

I definitely could not have handled Southwestern, given my preferred confession is 2nd London 1689. ;)

Mark Smith:
So what's next for you?

I'm a bi-vocational pastor (before Friday, I described myself as tri-vocational). Until it's clear that I'm supposed to do something else, that won't change. I'm considering the new modular ThM that Southern just introduced. I have 2-3 opportunities / contacts that would allow me to do pastor training as short-term missions, so I'm starting to look into how that would work. And in the most immediate term, my wife and I are taking a long-delayed vacation together fairly soon.

Donnie

I thought I knew the answer to my question before I asked, but of course, I had to ask. 

Glad to hear you may continue your formal education.

Hope you both enjoy the vacation.

Again, congratulations.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 3:52 AM

Congratulations Donnie.

Posts 1082
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 4:14 AM

Congratulations!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 5:57 AM