Questions in the NT (ESV)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
William J. Slocum | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 26 2016 10:05 AM

I want to learn HOW (although I wouldn't mind if someone did it for me) to search in LOGOS for all of the questions in the NT (ESV).  I want a list of them to copy and paste into Word and then print them.  I am not an advanced user.

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 10:12 AM

type ? into Inline Search Wink

Posts 29792
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 10:32 AM

Welcome to the forums William! Smile

William J. Slocum:

I want to learn HOW (although I wouldn't mind if someone did it for me) to search in LOGOS for all of the questions in the NT (ESV).  I want a list of them to copy and paste into Word and then print them.  I am not an advanced user.

Sascha's post came across a little snarky, but I don't think that was his intentions. His recommendation was to do an "inline" search (do you know how to do that?) and to type a question mark into the search field. I don't know if that would be the best way of doing it, but at best would only give you the english text translated as a question... which may or may not line up with the greek. 

I don't know the answer, and am interested to see what the forum will come up with.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4736
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 11:12 AM

See this post and play with modifying it?

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/126479.aspx 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 11:21 AM

William J. Slocum:
I want to learn HOW (although I wouldn't mind if someone did it for me) to search in LOGOS for all of the questions in the NT (ESV).  I want a list of them to copy and paste into Word and then print them. 

Welcome Big Smile

Sascha John:

type ? into Inline Search Wink

Inline search is useful for finding a question mark: (in other searches, ? is a wildcard that matches one character)

Logos 6 and Verbum 6 new feature of searching Propositional Outlines for Questions finds portions of questions: (e.g. John 18:11)

{Section <PropositionalOutline = Question>} OR {Section <PropositionalOutline = Question (No)>} OR {Section <PropositionalOutline = Question (Yes)>}

Propositional Outline search results can be saved as a passage list, which can be printed or exported (e.g. send to new Word document).

Noticed Matthew 2:4 inquiry and Matthew 7:11 would not be found by inline search for ?

Morph Search for interrogatives finds words that begin questions (not always in Greek: e.g. John 18:11)

<LogosMorphGr ~ BI>  OR <LogosMorphGr ~ RI?????> OR <LogosMorphGr ~ TI>

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 12:33 PM

Hi William,

I don't know if it would be helpful or not, but All the Questions in the Bible by Jimmie Hancock might be a resource worth checking out.

All the best,

Ryan

Posts 7
William J. Slocum | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 12:48 PM

No, I don't know how to do that, but will look and see if I can find something.  Thanks.

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 12:51 PM

Sorry, this was just a Joke William...I know others would give yo a better ansver

Posts 7
William J. Slocum | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:43 AM

The Inline search does not work for me (to find all the questions in the NT), but your idea {Section <PropositionalOutline = Question>} worked GREAT and I have the material I really want.  Ideas about doing the same thing for the OT.  The only search that works is the NT and when I change the field to OT---nothing happens.  If I search (ESV) whole Bible, all that shows up is the NT. 

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:59 AM

William J. Slocum:
Ideas about doing the same thing for the OT.  The only search that works is the NT and when I change the field to OT---nothing happens.  If I search (ESV) whole Bible, all that shows up is the NT. 

The OT Propositional Outlines dataset is currently only available for Logos Now subscribers - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/105149.aspx 

With that subscription searching works in the OT

If you aren't familiar with Logos Now there is information about it at https://www.logos.com/now 

Posts 7
William J. Slocum | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 10:26 AM

Aha---thanks for the info.  I shall learn to practice contentment with the NT printout.  Can't handle an extra $9.00 per month at the moment.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 12:32 PM

William J. Slocum:
Can't handle an extra $9.00 per month at the moment.

Logos Now => https://www.logos.com/now has a promotion of $ 85 in free book ownership for annual subscription of $ 89.99

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS