Which Base Package

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 48
Chris Rees | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:43 AM

I have a friend studying part-time in Baptist college alongside ministry in a local baptist church. He is looking at buying a Logos package. I recall a lot of helpful comparisons on the forum a few years ago, but can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have done a few searches on the forum but either came up blamk or too many irrelevant hits to wade through.

Thanks

Chris (Logos 4 Platinum - Logos 6 Gold)

Posts 325
Posts 48
Chris Rees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 3:22 AM

They were two of them, many thanks...

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 9:37 AM

Chris, I've shared this before, but maybe this will help:

First of all, be sure to have your friend download all the free resources he can. If you need help finding them, just check my signature.

The package you own, Logos 6 Standard Gold base package is a great place to start for serious, theological students. Gold includes all the Logos datasets. Additionally, these are the resources that make it worth it:

• New International Greek Testament Commentary (599.99 if purchased separately)
  • Pillar New Testament Commentary (599.99 for the 17 vol. set)
  • UBS Handbooks (659.99 if purchased separately)
  • New American Commentary Series (529.99 if purchased separately)

The primary reason for upgrading to Logos 6 Standard Platinum is for BDAG. Likewise, the primary reason for upgrading to Logos 6 Standard Portfolio is for HALOT. The Academic Discount Program lets you get both of these for only $248.95. I recommend Gold plus the Add-on.

I know it can be tempting to go after the denominational base packages, but I strongly recommend your friend start with standard, and then consider denominational as an add-on with dynamic pricing.

If I can be of any more help, don't hesitate to email me at jonathan@learnwithlogos.com

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:52 AM

Remember as well that your friend may well be entitled to join the academic payment program if he is following a degree or higher and his uni is accredited. This give a very large discount on Base package's (or it did when I took part in it) 

Posts 8002
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2016 1:57 PM

L6 Platinum Standard is the way to go IMHO since it seems like the other packages are built around the Standard BP's. Besides, it is cheaper with dynamic pricing to add to the Standard BP's than the other way around, at least from my experience.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS