English Bible Collection (27 vols.) - THIS REALLY NEEDS A PUSH!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:01 PM

Thanks for the explanation Ben. It would have been nice it was explained in the email we received. I do hope this will launch this collection into production soon.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9265
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:16 PM

I am glad this can move forward. It is something I've wanted from the day it was first offered.

I'm also glad to learn that two of three being eliminated will still be available. They are too important to not have them.

Thanks for the explanation, Ben.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 985
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:45 PM

It still looks like we still have a ways to go on the bidding.  Is that how others are seeing it?

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 5:19 PM

Steve:

It still looks like we still have a ways to go on the bidding.  Is that how others are seeing it?

It seems to be part of L7 base packages and so it greyed out for me.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 6:36 PM

Steve:

Logos 7 Anglican Portfolio and Anglican Diamond libraries include many English Bibles in English Bible Collection (24 vols.) 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2608
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 6:51 PM

The product page seems to have been updated.

However, I would have expected a boost in progress, since the production cost has been cut.

Ah well....

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 4:50 AM

Jan Krohn:
However, I would have expected a boost in progress, since the production cost has been cut.

I was thinking the same thing. Theoretically it should make a difference especially since the ones removed were some of the more expensive ones to produce.

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:38 PM

Bidding will close on 10/7/2016 at 12:00pm Pacific time for English Bible Collection (24 vols.).

Posts 7477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 6:01 PM

Just amazed that Moffat's NT is not included. Sad that I have to use a third party software to quote from it. 😕

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 7:18 PM

Dan Francis:

Bidding will close on 10/7/2016 at 12:00pm Pacific time for English Bible Collection (24 vols.).

Right on.  Now let's drive the price down by letting people know.

Bid here if you haven't: https://www.logos.com/product/16808/english-bible-collection

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 7477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:44 AM

I have some of the Bibles that came with some of my L7 upgrades, so I'm sure I'll be getting dynamic pricing after the final bidding price gets established 👍

Posts 1798
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:08 AM

Todd Phillips:

Dan Francis:

Right on.  Now let's drive the price down by letting people know.

Bid here if you haven't: https://www.logos.com/product/16808/english-bible-collection

I have been in and out of this one for what seems like years.  Back in to stay!

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 11178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 7:57 PM

12 hour bumping time.

Just throwing some wood on the fire, I'd really like to analyze Whiston ... I wonder just how primitive he was able to get it, using the (correct) greek.

Then, of course Mr Campbell. He would have been in the majority years.  This should be interesting.

And finally the two ladies. One took an unusual approach to the OT ... Metzger was unusually kind. The other followed across the Atlantic.

Bid, bid, bid!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2608
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 12:08 AM

Denise:
12 hour bumping time.

Not gonna happen. The collection has been in CP limbo for ages, and creeping up in progress so slow despite dozens of forum threads.

Those 3 forum users who haven't placed a bid yet will not cause the price to drop, not even one dollar.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 819
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 4:46 AM

Help me get off the fence on this one. Other than for historical reasons, why should I have this in my library?

Thanks!

Lew

Posts 7477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 5:21 AM

Jan Krohn:

Denise:
12 hour bumping time.

Not gonna happen. The collection has been in CP limbo for ages, and creeping up in progress so slow despite dozens of forum threads.

Those 3 forum users who haven't placed a bid yet will not cause the price to drop, not even one dollar.

Oh you of little faith! Doubtest thou the power of bidders? 

It won't really matter to me at least, because I'll be getting dynamic pricing on it  anyway 😁

Posts 11178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 6:33 AM

Jan ... my bumping wasn't price-driven. I very much doubt Logos would let it go down, judging from earlier examples.  I think they're being kind for folks who gave up earlier, prior to release.

Lew, I can't speak to your needs, but translations are a great (and quick) commentary on problem passages. Additionally ' brave translations' tended to concentrate in waves relative to religious excitement. So, for example there's a grouping in the post-Civil War era (US), another around Westcott/Egypt, another pre-American Revolution, and so forth. 

Of course, it's already been mentioned, some of these speak to tremendous courage. Another era.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 8:32 AM

DAL:
 It won't really matter to me at least, because I'll be getting dynamic pricing on it  anyway �

You sure about that? The final price will be $170 which is about $7/volume.  You'd probably have to already own 20 volumes of this collection to get a dynamic price lower than the current CP price, in my estimation.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 9:23 AM

Todd Phillips:

DAL:
 It won't really matter to me at least, because I'll be getting dynamic pricing on it  anyway �

You sure about that? The final price will be $170 which is about $7/volume.  You'd probably have to already ow.n 20 volumes of this collection to get a dynamic price lower than the current CP price, in my estimation.

FL is now giving dynamic pricing on CP products at the CP price for those who were successful with the CP bid

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 9:36 AM

Robert Harner:

Todd Phillips:

DAL:

You sure about that? The final price will be $170 which is about $7/volume.  You'd probably have to already ow.n 20 volumes of this collection to get a dynamic price lower than the current CP price, in my estimation.

FL is now giving dynamic pricing on CP products at the CP price for those who were successful with the CP bid

Ah I see.  I thought DAL was implying he wasn't even bidding on it.  I see he didn't actually say that.

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS