Scroll bars with horizontal and verticle lines in them

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 22 2016 4:44 PM

My scroll bars have horizontal marks and if you put the cursor on  one, you get a Bible passage. Some of them are vertical. I would guess that they are bookmarks, but perhaps not.

So I'd like to know what they are, how I got them in the scroll bar and how to delete them.

Thanks

Pat Brown

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 5:02 PM

You can turn off this by going to Program Settings. I forgot the exact name, sorry not next to my computer right now 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 6:13 PM

Go to Tools > Program Settings> There is an option for "Show Bookmark Search"> Choose No. This will take care of the issue, I believe you are referring to. 

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 7:22 PM

Pat,

Are you referring to something like this?

If so, those are marks to indicate passages that you have read.

I personally know of no way to remove them.

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 8:36 PM

Pat, please try what I suggested, that should do the trick!

Posts 44
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 8:47 PM

Keith,

I'm with you. It should work. (You can read the outdated wiki here: https://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Bookmarks )

However, as you can see here, I have turned off the setting, and they still appear (after restart).

- Jonathan J. Watson

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 9:31 PM

I believe the other setting that should be set to No is the "Show Auto and Favorite Bookmarks"

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2016 11:02 PM

Pat Browne:
So I'd like to know what they are, how I got them in the scroll bar and how to delete them.

Pat, there are two different types of lines that appear in your scroll bar. The first is only visible when a search is run and active. These are represented by orange lines and are called "Search bookmarks." You can turn these off in your program settings by turning the option "Show Search Bookmarks" to "No."

The second set of lines in the scroll bar appear as grey colored lines. These are called "Auto and Favorite Bookmarks." These represent “wear marks” in the scrollbar of resources to indicate the locations that you’ve visited most frequently in a resource. These also appear when you add a location in a resource to your favorites. You can turn these off in your program settings by turning the option "Show Auto and Favorite Bookmarks" to "No."

Hope this helps.

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 2
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 6:16 AM

Thanks, Mike! I learn something new everyday.

Hope you're doing well.

Posts 11
Les Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2019 7:09 AM

Thank you for your posting. The default scroll bar was very distracting. This simplifies scrolling.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS