Syatematic thelogy in factbook

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 674
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 28 2016 10:11 AM

I am developing a course for my church on theology. I thought I heard all the theology topics were available  in the Factbook. I see some , but not all theology topics for example the doctrine of scripture, doctrine of the church, doctrine of salvation, doctrine of end times. Any help here would be appreciated 

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:29 PM

From the Passage Guide's Systematic theology section you should get a "complete" list.

Doctrine of the church falls under Ecclesiology

Doctrine of end times falls under Eschatology

Doctrine of scripture falls under Bibliology

Doctrine of salvation falls under Soteriology ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:10 PM

126271.aspx

You can go here and find the link to vote on this.

Posts 674
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:16 PM

You know if this got pushed to a Logos now feature this might get it done faster. 

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 1:48 PM

It already is a Logos Now feature but as I explained in my post I firmly believe this will get pushed to Logos 7 as I believe it is one of the most used resources. But I have contacted all the people I know at Faithlife and was told to put it on Uservoice so now I am pushing for votes.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 2:18 PM

Matt Hamrick:
It already is a Logos Now feature

Just to be clear, that is not quite true. In Logos Now you have the Systematic Theologies available in the passage guide which is driven by inputting Scripture references, NOT Topics/Themes/People/Places etc. which are input into the Factbook. What you are asking for, (as many have before) is for the ability to populate Topical/Thematic searches automatically, and organized results by the various branches of theological study (like the passage guide feature available in Logos Now).

I agree that this feature should be a top priority for Faithlife since it's been requested so many times. It would essentially be a topical search in a specific collection of Systematic Theology books which makes use of the data they already have for dividing the various traditions/denominations/theological systems etc. and also the specific branches (loci) within that system. and allowing the results to be filtered and displayed similarly to the passage guide feature described above. I can not imagine that they are not working on this.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 2:49 PM

The fact it's in Logos Now and the passage guide makes my statement true. It is already available in the passage guide. I searched a theological term in the Factbook and thought Systematic Theologies should be here so I am trying to get it in the Factbook.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 3:27 PM

Matt Hamrick:
I searched a theological term in the Factbook

And that's precisely where the difference is.

As of now, in Logos (including Logos Now) you CANNOT search for a theological term and use the Systematic Theologies data. It ONLY accepts passages of Scripture

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 6:52 PM

You can still search theological terms in the Factbook but the Systematic Theologies sections does not come up. That's because it is only in the passage guide in Logos Now. That is what the Uservoice is all about.

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 7:28 PM

Yes... More complete and tighter integration of systematic theologies in Logos.  I'm in the middle of research on a couple of topics, content covered by systematic theologies, but have to get at it verse by verse by verse.  Tedious.  Or by searches that don't deliver quite or all that I need.  I  hope FL is working on this. 

Posts 674
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 7:34 PM

Matt Hamrick:

You can still search theological terms in the Factbook but the Systematic Theologies sections does not come up. That's because it is only in the passage guide in Logos Now. That is what the Uservoice is all about.

Not exactly. uservoice is for features you want that would be part of the normal logos package. Suggestions for Logos now is features that you want to be apart of a subscription. From my experience Logos is more willing to add new features faster that are part of logos now than just doing it free. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS