"Add note" grayed out (Core Engine only)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Stephen Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 29 2016 3:10 AM

Hi,

I use Logos on desktop and mobile and find it a great place for annotations etc. when highlighting Logos resources. I would like to use it for typing in quotes from paper books so they're all in one place. My understanding is that Notes documents can be used this way. However, when I create a new Notes document, the "Add note" button is greyed out so I can't type anything in. Notes documents work fine for highlighted quotes from Logos resources.

I only have the Core Engine (6.12 SR-2). Is this the reason? What would be the minimal upgrade to enable this feature?

Stephen

Posts 28462
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 4:36 AM

If this feature is disabled for those without a base package, I am unaware of such. 

I am going to take a wild guess... Do you happen to be in "quotes view"? If so, switch to another view and you will find that you have created many blank notes. Tongue Tied

Stephen Childs:
I would like to use it for typing in quotes from paper books so they're all in one place. My understanding is that Notes documents can be used this way.

You can create notes in this manner, but "quote view" won't work, since that view is simply a visual filter of the eBook resource. If you don't own the eBook, there would be nothing to show. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22971
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 4:37 AM

Stephen Childs:
However, when I create a new Notes document, the "Add note" button is greyed out so I can't type anything in.

My guess if that you have the Notes Document set to "Quotes" view (option at the top right of the Notes Document)

Try setting it to anything else (Full, Compact, Split) and you should be fine

Stephen Childs:
I only have the Core Engine (6.12 SR-2). Is this the reason? What would be the minimal upgrade to enable this feature?

And Core engine should be fine for this

Posts 16
Stephen Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 6:01 AM

Thanks both of you, that was indeed the problem. Switched to different view and all fine.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS