Logos Bible Software Indexer has stopped working. (Windows Vista Ultimate)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:51 AM

After downloading the Calvin 500 Collection, I get the message "Logos Bible Software Indexer has stopped working." followed by "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The is a command button "Close program." Clicking this button closes the Indexer, not the Logos 4 program. Windows does not advise me of anything.

Repeated attempts to allowing the indexing by closing down the program and reopening, also, on some occasions including rebooting the OS have all failed with the same result.

I am running Windows Visat Ultimate, 4GB RAM, Intel dual core T8300, running Logos 4.0a SR-3 (4.01.3.5180)

Can someone please advise me on how to resolve this. Thanks.

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 6:08 AM

My initial guess would be that you have suffered a corrupt index as this is a common problem right now when someone adds a large number of resources. Providing Logs would be the way to confirm this (http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging  http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs  ).

The fix to a corrupt index is to make a new one. If you can get Logos started type "rebuild index" into the command line (no quotes). Or, you could delete the contents of the Index folder: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<random>\LibraryIndex and restart Logos.

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 8:19 AM
Kevin, Thanks for documenting your reply. I am unfamiliar with the logs so the wiki links will hopefully provide me some good info on how to get to the logs. Thanks much. When I got to your reply, I had already initiated the "rebuild index" command and that has 6 of 9 hours left to go. Since it has progressed 3 hours, I would say that the rebuild should take. The idea of deleting the existing index folder contents soulds like a good strategy if Logos 4 is inhibited from starting by the index problem.

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS