Using the remote with local wifi on hotspot for internet access

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 156
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 8 2016 4:06 PM

Has anyone tried using the remote with local wifi when all the church has for internet access is a hotspot? The sermon starts out ok but fails part way through. I was wondering if the hotspot has anything to do with it or whether it is something else in our system. It seems to work if I don't use the local wifi remote.

Posts 623
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 4:12 PM

What do you mean by hotspot? Like from AT&T to provide access instead of something like Comcast, a modem, and a wifi router?

It might be contributing.. but not sure. Do you have logs from the computer that was running Proclaim? Might tell us something.

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Thanks!

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 156
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 7:11 PM

Yes Jordan. That's what I mean. I'll be at church tomorrow. I'll try and get those for you. 

Posts 156
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2016 10:30 AM

Jordan here are the log files from the church computer

6330.Proclaim Log Files.zip

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 2:44 PM

Hi, Richard. Nothing in particular jumped out in those log files, but there are a significant number of errors related to Proclaim web requests. We haven't tested using a hotspot with the local wi-fi remote, so it's tough to reproduce this issue. I am wondering how reliable the hotspot usually is for other devices: does it ever drop the signal or have connection problems?

Posts 156
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 7:05 AM

Now connection problems have been noticed. Everything stays connected as far as we can tell. 

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 9:21 AM

I'll see what I can do about some firsthand testing of this scenario. In the meantime, you mentioned that the web remote was functioning properly with the hotspot; is that a workable solution for you for now?

Posts 156
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:34 PM

Yes Peter it seems to be working ok at present. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS