Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Jay | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 21 2016 11:40 AM

I purchased the Logos 6 Starter Package and then I signed up for the free month trial of Logos Cloud Plus level to see if getting the extra things was an alternative to upgrading to the Bronze level.

Hoping someone can help me decide. I am on a budget and can't spend a ton of money so that is why adding the cloud option for $19/month is attractive to me. However, is the Bronze level of the standalone package something that would be equivalent to the Plus level of cloud? It all gets a little confusing trying to figure out what to do. I've tried going through the list of things included in both but it can be overwhelming.

So, I guess my question is should I just stay with Starter + Cloud Plus or should I upgrade to the Bronze level of Logos 6. Does anyone know if it's pretty much an equal offering?

Thanks so much!!

Posts 1599
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2016 1:36 PM

A quick look at LogosCloud plus looks like it will give you quite a few more resources than a Bronze level package. Everyone will have to figure out how things work financially for themselves...  But Logos Cloud plus is about $200 dollars a year (exact amount depends on if billed monthly or yearly). How long are you going to be using Logos? Five years cost would be around $1000 - and you can get a quite good base package for that - a package that you can use for your whole life.

But the cloud subscription does automatically keep itself up to date with datasets. The cloud subscription is much more attractive cash-flow wise.

Personally I am glad I have a traditional base package (Lutheran Silver, Anglican Bronze, and Reformed Starter, with datasets topped off with Feature Crossgrade actually). But I have had a base package since early 2002 (Libronix 2.0 Original Languages (RA) was my first). If I were starting off today, I probably would try the cloud option first, because it is so much easier to swing financially - and yet, I am glad that I "owned" my resources when cash got quite tight for me for a while...

Tools/Resources are only good if you use them. How are you at languages? Are there any significant readers of scripture who you want to consistently reference? If so, who? What questions to you ask yourself when reading scripture? There are people here who would answer all the above questions differently.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2016 7:32 PM

Hey Jay, I tried out Logos Cloud first without a base package. So my situation is a little different than yours, but I saw the worthiness of investing into a base package that I don't have to worry about losing titles from after purchasing. I know from time to time they take things out of Logos Cloud, and they do put new things in there. For me, it was a worthy investment and have not regretted it. Everyone has a different situation though. Ken makes a good point, how long are you going to use Logos? If you plan on using it for awhile, it is worth to just get the base package in my opinion. I am personally not a big fan of renting books, unless those books are math books LOL. Hope this helps. 

In Christ, Keith. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS