Easy way to restore a minimized window in Logos/Libronix 3 (3.0g)?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 269
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 3 2010 1:05 PM

Does anybody know if there's an easy way to restore a minimized tile or window in Logos 3 (Libronix 3.0g)?

If I minimize a window or tile in L3 it disappears behind the other open tiles I have on the screen, and you can't seem to restore it without moving the other tiles or windows out of the way so you can get to it to restore it.

Normally, when you minimize a window or tile in (in any other Windows application) it appears (and is accessible) on the Task Bar at the bottom of your screen.  But it doesn't work that way in Logos 3 (even 3.0g). 

It's frustrating to have it just disappear and not know where it went.  It took me a while to discover that it was actually behind all of my other open tiles.

This is a design flaw, I think, which has never been dealt with by Logos.  It should have been dealt with when they did the update to 3.og.

Any how, does anyone know of an easier way to restore those hidden minimized tiles?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts 590
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 1:59 PM

Stein Dahl:

Does anybody know if there's an easy way to restore a minimized tile or window in Logos 3 (Libronix 3.0g)?

If I minimize a window or tile in L3 it disappears behind the other open tiles I have on the screen, and you can't seem to restore it without moving the other tiles or windows out of the way so you can get to it to restore it.

Normally, when you minimize a window or tile in (in any other Windows application) it appears (and is accessible) on the Task Bar at the bottom of your screen.  But it doesn't work that way in Logos 3 (even 3.0g). 

It's frustrating to have it just disappear and not know where it went.  It took me a while to discover that it was actually behind all of my other open tiles.

This is a design flaw, I think, which has never been dealt with by Logos.  It should have been dealt with when they did the update to 3.og.

Any how, does anyone know of an easier way to restore those hidden minimized tiles?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stein,

I readjust the size of the left most panel. Resize the left panel upwards from the bottom about 3/4 of an inch or so. You should be able to see your hidden panels this way. I leave mine that way all of the time (when I'm using L3) and when I minimize the "Home" panel (where my prayer list, etc., is located), it fits "perfectly" at the bottom of the other panel. I don't do screenshots, or I would show you what I mean. But it definitely works for me.

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 11:31 PM

to restore the minimized window, I used to just select the relevant one from the 'window' menu, where all the open books will be listed.

Posts 269
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:20 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

Stein,

I readjust the size of the left most panel. Resize the left panel upwards from the bottom about 3/4 of an inch or so. You should be able to see your hidden panels this way. I leave mine that way all of the time (when I'm using L3) and when I minimize the "Home" panel (where my prayer list, etc., is located), it fits "perfectly" at the bottom of the other panel. I don't do screenshots, or I would show you what I mean. But it definitely works for me.

That would work, and that's kind of what I have been doing.  I was sort of looking for another, maybe easier way, to do it.  And the tip that Jonathan has is about the easiest I've seen so far.

Just click the Windows menu on the top toolbar and from that menu click the Windows entry, all the way at the bottom.  That opens a dialog box showing everything you have open - (even if it's hidden behind other windows) - and from there you can selct it and click the Activate button.  No more getting things lost behind other things. 

Thanks for the input guys, and for the good tips.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS