Altering Resource Titles?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 3 2010 5:39 PM

Maybe this has been asked previously on the forum, but I couldn't find it.

I "cleaned up" (renamed) a few of the resource titles in my library so they would sort better by title name.  I really like the fact that we can edit the primary titles like that (see OCD), but will it cause problems for me somewhere else in L4?  Hyperlinks or anything?  I don't want to mess things up and have to change everything back.

DHG

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 6:17 PM

I haven't read anything about anyone causing problems by changing title name. The hyperlinks are based on the resource filenames/resource IDs which are not alterable. I would feel comfortable altering any title I wanted to.

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 6:43 PM

Only problem I can imagine is naming it the same as another resource by mistake. But as Kevin pointed out Logos does not depend on our titles to do searching, linking, etc.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 6:44 PM

Thanks, I'll plow forward...

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:50 AM

It is possible to alter resource titles?

Hearing this I immediately opened L4 and clicked on everything in an attempt to do this long coveted task ... but ...alas ... I could work out how to do it, nor could I find it in the help.

So ... how is this magic done?

Thanks for any help.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:02 AM

Hi Stephen,

Hopefully someone will reply with some nice screenshots with arrows, but until then here's how it works. Open your L4 library tab. Select the "resource information" icon so the resource pane is open next to the list of titles.  Inside the resource pane, click on the title.  You can edit the title or create an aka title.

Blessings! 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:09 AM

here's the picture...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS