Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 283
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 7 2016 2:22 PM

I have noticed that in the NA28 beside several of the Greek words is an asterisk in the text and when I hover my mouse over the asterisk the mouse arrow changes to a finger but it does not give me any information. Even if I double click, it does not bring up any information. What is this? Is there something that I need to turn on to get the information? Thanks! 

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2016 2:29 PM

I'm seeing this too, and I'm assuming they are marks/links to take you to the apparatus, which I don't own, so I can't confirm

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 9849
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 7 2016 3:09 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
I have noticed that in the NA28 beside several of the Greek words is an asterisk in the text and when I hover my mouse over the asterisk the mouse arrow changes to a finger but it does not give me any information. Even if I double click, it does not bring up any information. What is this?

Those are technically not apparatus markers, but cross-references. The lls:na28gbs-resource (German Bible Society, called "28th Auflage") displays them just so,

while the lls:na28-resource (28th Edition) claims they come from the apparatus resource. 

They are not part of the apparatus information (seen on the right of my screenshot above), but of the bible - nevertheless they may be technicallky tied to that. They can be quite extensive:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 283
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:30 PM

So, I wonder why when I hover over them I am not getting any information? 

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:41 PM

Do you own the apparatus ? I don't so I don't get the info either, even though they are not technically part of the apparatus apparently they are tied to it for some reason.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 7
Veronica | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 10 2017 8:48 PM

Did you solve this problem?  I am having the same issue and I have Logos now which I thought meant I would have access to this stuff?  I have asterisk and markers and I get a message to say I don't have a licence to view the resource.  when I click on the link to logos it directs me to books I own in the library asking me to buy them?

Posts 9849
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 11 2017 3:42 AM

Veronica:
I am having the same issue and I have Logos now which I thought meant I would have access to this stuff?  I have asterisk and markers and I get a message to say I don't have a licence to view the resource.  when I click on the link to logos it directs me to books I own in the library asking me to buy them?

Do you really own them/have them licensed through Logos Now? What resource exactly do you own - and to which product site on logos.com do the links lead?

Maybe it helps if you just filter your library for nestle aland 28 - I get three hits, the two different editions of NA28 plus the apparatus, which seems to be required to see the cross-references indicated by the asterisk in the NA 28text:

(the license column will show "temporary" for those resources you have through the Logos Now membership as long as your subscription lasts - sorry for the German UI)   

Posts 7
Veronica | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 11 2017 3:27 PM
No I do own them. I have a few packages that I have bought and then went to logos now to keep me updated. I think it was the apparatus link I am having trouble with. The message id says its NA28apparatus that I am not licensed to use. I would have thought with the package I bought that would be part of the licence - I am going to look on the website and see what I have missed?
Posts 7
Veronica | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 11 2017 3:29 PM

I have platinum Logos 6 with a Silver upgrade and Reformed Gold package plus the Logos now membership paid up?  What more could I need to view NA28 apparatus?

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 11 2017 3:39 PM

The NA 28 apparatus is not like the other Logos datasets, it is a third party product that has to be purchased seperately.

Posts 9849
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 2:59 AM

Veronica:

I have platinum Logos 6 with a Silver upgrade and Reformed Gold package plus the Logos now membership paid up?  What more could I need to view NA28 apparatus?

The NA28 apparatus comes only bundled in this product and in the larger bundles listed to the right (which are two German language base packages I marked with purple arrows and two differently sized bundles with works from the German Bible Society which owns the publishing rights for the NA bible editions and apparatuses). Dynamic prices will vary depending on how much - if anything at all - you own of the respective bundles.

EDIT: 

You most likely own the version of NA28 shown below which does not include the apparatus and is not/no longer sold individually, but is bundled with a lot of base packages (and should normally give you a dynamic price reduction on the $99 shown above since the NA28 bible text resource, though technically a different resource, is functionally equivalent to the NA28 bible text contained in the apparatus-included version): 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS