The Logos Now Membership Program is here!

Page 1 of 6 (111 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 110 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:35 PM

We've relaunched Logos Now as the new Logos Now Membership Program. Become a Logos Now member to get members-only offers, every single Logos feature, and free previews with a membership that pays for itself! Join today!  

Member Benefits

• (NEW) Expanded exclusive discounts on select products and services, promotions, and free resources in a “members-only” web page. 
     - Discounts on Logos catalog titles
     - Discounts on Lexham/Kirkdale titles
     - Discounts on Mobile Ed courses
• (NEW) Access to a Mobile Ed course. 
• (NEW) Logos Now members enjoy access to the Logos Cloud Feature Set valued at $89.99 per year. The Logos Cloud Feature Set includes: 
     - all the Logos 6 features
     - exclusive subscription-only features
     - Logos 7 early release features
• (NEW) When Logos 7 releases, Logos Now members will automatically get access to all the new features, datasets, interactive content, and media of Logos 7 and receive a special 5% bonus discount to upgrade to a Logos 7 library. This is on top of the introductory discount that everyone will enjoy.
• Preview access to monthly-rotating resources with discounts to purchase afterward. 
• Access to the Logos Web App 
• Access to 6,000+ pieces of premium still and video media 

https://www.logos.com/now 

https://www.logos.com/now-members 

Get It All in the All-New Logos Now. An annual membership is just $89.99. Join today

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 2:22 PM

Chris duMond:
...a “members-only” web page.

It would be very cool if Now members got a "Member" tab on the Home Page within the Logos/Verbum app that contained all of this; links to launch the current Mobile Ed, Trial resources, and ads for the on sale items. It might also add a tingly members-only feel to the app.

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 3:25 PM
That's a good idea, Randy.

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:10 PM

Chris duMond:
Member Benefits

Sounds good, Chris.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 4:27 PM

You have a new member! Yes

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 5:26 PM

Chris duMond:

We've relaunched Logos Now as the new Logos Now Membership Program. Become a Logos Now member to get members-only offers, every single Logos feature, and free previews with a membership that pays for itself! Join today!  

Member Benefits

• (NEW) Expanded exclusive discounts on select products and services, promotions, and free resources in a “members-only” web page. 
     - Discounts on Logos catalog titles
     - Discounts on Lexham/Kirkdale titles
     - Discounts on Mobile Ed courses
• (NEW) Access to a Mobile Ed course. 
• (NEW) Logos Now members enjoy access to the Logos Cloud Feature Set valued at $89.99 per year. The Logos Cloud Feature Set includes: 
     - all the Logos 6 features
     - exclusive subscription-only features
     - Logos 7 early release features
• (NEW) When Logos 7 releases, Logos Now members will automatically get access to all the new features, datasets, interactive content, and media of Logos 7 and receive a special 5% bonus discount to upgrade to a Logos 7 library. This is on top of the introductory discount that everyone will enjoy.
• Preview access to monthly-rotating resources with discounts to purchase afterward. 
• Access to the Logos Web App 
• Access to 6,000+ pieces of premium still and video media 

https://www.logos.com/now 

https://www.logos.com/now-members 

Get It All in the All-New Logos Now. An annual membership is just $89.99. Join today

To help me better understand how this will work, can you explain what would happen in the following a scenario?

1. I have Logos 6 but I'm not a Logos Now member.
  2. I decide to try Logos Now and I become a member for a year or two.  This gives me access to all the Logos 7 features.
  3. After a year or two, I choose not to renew my membership.
  4. I understand what that means I'd give up, except in regard to the Logos Engine.  Would I now lose access to all the Logos 7 features and revert back to Logos 6?

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 5:32 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
Would I now lose access to all the Logos 7 features and revert back to Logos 6?

To be precise, no. Yes, it would mean that you would lose access to any of the features / datasets which you acquired (rented) via your Logos Now membership. "Logos 7" (just as is the case with "L6," "L5", etc.) is the software engine, so you would keep L7... just not the L7 features you didn't purchase separately from your Logos Now membership. You would still keep all features which come with the free L7 engine (as is always the case). 

Did that make it clear (I hope! Smile)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 81
Jim Wait | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:02 PM

If you are already in the NOW program are we automatically included in this "new" membership program?

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:06 PM

Jim Wait:

If you are already in the NOW program are we automatically included in this "new" membership program?

Yes. You can start enjoying all the benefits of membership right now. 

Posts 1120
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:27 PM

Chris duMond:

While a 5% discount doesn't sound too exciting (7% would be cool!), if I'm reading this right, when L7 rolls, I'll have access to all the new features etc. without buying a Gold+ base package or any crossgrade as long as I maintain my membership. Is that correct?

That is indeed good to hear. I'm more ready now to buy a base package than I was when 6 rolled, but at this point I also have most of what I really want/need in terms of resources. This change will bring more time and options in deciding, which is a very good thing.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 6:35 PM

Sean:
when L7 rolls, I'll have access to all the new features etc. without buying a Gold+ base package or any crossgrade as long as I maintain my membership. Is that correct?

Correct.

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 8 2016 7:48 PM

Chris DuMond, 

What benefit do I have as a Logos Now member since day 1 if I buy Logos 7 Portfolio, other than just 5% discount? 

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 3:53 AM

mike:

Chris DuMond, 

What benefit do I have as a Logos Now member since day 1 if I buy Logos 7 Portfolio, other than just 5% discount? 

If you buy full L7, then you would still get the free monthly preview resources, discounts, and added features that would eventually be in L8.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 6:33 AM

alabama24:

Rick Ausdahl:
Would I now lose access to all the Logos 7 features and revert back to Logos 6?

To be precise, no. Yes, it would mean that you would lose access to any of the features / datasets which you acquired (rented) via your Logos Now membership. "Logos 7" (just as is the case with "L6," "L5", etc.) is the software engine, so you would keep L7... just not the L7 features you didn't purchase separately from your Logos Now membership. You would still keep all features which come with the free L7 engine (as is always the case). 

Did that make it clear (I hope! Smile)

Thanks, Alabama--that does help.  I'm not sure if that's what Faithlife refers to as a "Core Crossgrade", but if I'm tracking with you, in essence it would be the same as if after the Logos 7 release, I waited until the free engine upgrade was available and went that route. 

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 6:48 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
in essence it would be the same as if after the Logos 7 release, I waited until the free engine upgrade was available and went that route.

Yes. Or in the future, L8 or L9. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 7:03 AM

mike:

Chris DuMond, 

The benefit is that you would NOT have to purchase the features upgrade, just the new Portfolio library. If at any time in the future you decide to drop Logos Now membership, just purchase the feature upgrade at the 5% discount. However, for many people that day may never come. I seriously doubt I will ever waste the money on actually purchasing a license for the new features that will be added in the future. Library only upgrades for me. Moreover, the monthly discounts, free previews and Logos Now exclusive features must also be factored in as a benefit.

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 7:17 AM

I have a vague memory from early on in the initial/original Logos Now offer, of people posting about huge automatic library downloads as a result of becoming a Logos Now member.  If that was the case, will the same thing happen now?  I'm particularly interested in the answer as I'm thinking about how that would affect me if I purchase one of the smaller (10-11 inch screen) Windows 10 tablets that may have as little as 32 GB of storage. 

Posts 10127
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 7:23 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I have a vague memory from early on in the initial/original Logos Now offer, of people posting about huge automatic library downloads as a result of becoming a Logos Now member.  If that was the case, will the same thing happen now?

I think you may confuse this with Logos Cloud (which, after all, resembles a base package) where people did not expect something they thought resided in the cloud downloading to their machine. Logos Now will probably download a couple of interactives and some of the monthly free resources, but not a huge library. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 7:30 AM

Joined. Looks good value, especially if we get free access to more mobile ed courses in future months. 

Posts 3150
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 9:59 AM

Chris duMond:

Will the special 5% Logos Now discount also apply to people with academic discounts?

Page 1 of 6 (111 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS