New Feature: Sermon Editor

Page 11 of 13 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >
This post has 256 Replies | 27 Followers

Posts 4
George Barcus | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 9:46 AM

Not sure if I am doing this right, but I am running into a challenge with exporting to powerpoint. I followed the instructions in the "help" screen. When I try to export it I choose a file location and follow the prompt to save, then I get a message saying it couldn't save it and it asks if I want to retry. When I retry I get the same results. Any thoughts?

Posts 4
George Barcus | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 9:49 AM

This is what I see...

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:05 AM

The "Add slides from selected text" function is not working for me when I select text outside of the Sermon Editor (i.e. commentary, dictionary, etc.). Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Posts 4513
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:54 AM

This thread has really gotten away from the original intent, which was to announce and discuss the new sermon editor. I have contributed to the various rabbit trails it is now going down.

It would probably be better to create a new thread for specific problems you are encountering using the new feature.

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Ian Fisk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 11:34 AM

Hi George,

We'd like to investigate why exporting to PowerPoint is not working as expected for you, and to do that, log files would be extremely helpful. You can find instructions to collect log files here for Windows or here for Mac.

When you've finished collecting them, feel free to post them here and we'll take a look.

Thanks!

Ian Fisk

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Jeff Loven:
... when I select text outside of the Sermon Editor

Yes. This button is specifically referring to text selected within the Sermon document. You could use it if you wanted to create a slide that displays a specific phrase you were going to say.

If you Copy from a commentary / dictionary and paste into a new, empty paragraph in the document, it should automatically create a card with the copied text and create slides for you. If you don't want to create a card/slides, you can paste into an existing paragraph with text and it will just paste in the copied text.

I hope that helps!

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 11:46 AM

Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife):
I hope that helps!

Perfect. Thanks much! Got it working now.

Posts 27
keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2016 8:24 AM

We REALLY need to be able to add images other than in LOGOS to the sermon.     It'd be great if we could put a URL in and grab something off the web.    

Posts 481
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2016 4:49 AM

Michael Woody:

Has anyone found a way to know when you have a slide versus other comments you might make? For example, in a Sunday School I may quote an author and want that in a slide but my comments later would not be quoted. Is it using the H1, H2, etc. for all of this? I am currently adding a line Advance Slide before a new slide and making that a prompt. I would love to know other's thoughts.

Michael, correct me if I am wrong - what I understand you are asking for is that in your exported text to a word-processor document you would like some way of knowing when you should advance slides on your presentation, without having these prompts in your headings (and therefore on the slides too).

I have found this to be a problem for years, sometimes finding that what I am saying has advanced while I haven't been keeping up to date with advancing slides, and I have to play catch-up and advance some slides to get them in sync with what I am saying (or sometimes having to go back a slide if I advance too far). 

If there were some way of noting in the exported word-processor text when slides should be advanced, that would be great.  If the result in the word processor export looked like the sermon editor 'all' view, that'd be great.  Or, if a distinctive slide marker icon (or distinctive coloured text character(s)) were in line with the text, at the start of a heading, verse or quotation etc., that would work. An option to show/hide slide images/icons/markers would solve your problem, and be really helpful, I believe.

In the meantime, I think that the best option is to add lots of prompts to advance slides.

Posts 18
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2016 9:57 AM

MJ. Smith:
call or email customer service

Than you!

I emailed logoscustomersevice@logos.com a month ago but today I've just tried to email customersevice@logos.com.

Will see if I have better luck with this adress.

Posts 18
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2016 10:02 AM

Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife):

Ebbe Andréasson:
This is not my experience. I have to repeat step 1-4 for every single slide to change aspect ratio.

I'm sorry to hear this, Ebbe. It sounds like a bug. We'll see if we can repro here.

Thank you!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2016 1:09 PM

Ebbe Andréasson:

I emailed logoscustomersevice@logos.com a month ago but today I've just tried to email customersevice@logos.com.

Will see if I have better luck with this adress.

If you missed the 'r' in 'service' there as well, I doubt it. Wink

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8
Brian Ramdhan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:41 PM

please explain how you got through with the block quote cause i was wondering the same thing 

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 8:11 PM

Brian Ramdhan:

please explain how you got through with the block quote cause i was wondering the same thing 

Sorry but I don't understand

Please clarify, ideally in a new thread 

Posts 2
Trevor Lund | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:18 PM

I got sucked in to get the update too. Can anyone show me where it was shown that the Sermon Editor isn't included in the starter? I'm not impressed.

Posts 4
Dan Walters | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:22 PM

Is it possible to change the date on sermons in the sermon editor? I like the idea of putting my old sermons into Logos, but I'd like for them to display the date I preached them, not the date I created the file. I've already added the date in the "private info" about the sermon; I was just wondering if there were other options for organizing older sermons. Thanks!

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:27 PM

Trevor Lund:

I got sucked in to get the update too. Can anyone show me where it was shown that the Sermon Editor isn't included in the starter? I'm not impressed.

https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/sermon-editor or https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets are two places

Posts 27
keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 11:56 AM

I'm having a terrible time trying to make the "Handouts" feature functional.    I just don't get it.    I try to do a "fill-in" and the answer doesn't appear under "handout" whether or not I click "hid answers".     I fail to see the point for it.   It is just clunky and doesn't seem to be any better than opening up a Word doc and making my own.  

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Fill-in and handouts are distinct features that pair well together.

The handout button the toolbar lets you mark content to be included in the handout. By default, headings are automatically marked as included in the handout (but you can toggle them off as you like). You can set other paragraphs to be included in the handout view also. They'll render with a light blue background to help identify them.

To switch to handout view, click the handout button in the panel toolbar. This will show a filtered view containing only content that is marked to be included in a handout. You can print this filtered view directly, or export it to include it in whatever software you make your bulletin with.

The fill-in button lets you mark text with a special style that affects slide generation and allows the text to be toggled in handout view. Some people like to use the fill-in style in headings (which automatically create slides, and are already marked for handouts). You can also use the fill-in style on other paragraphs as well. The fill-in style doesn't require a paragraph to be included in the handout, nor does it automatically mark a paragraph as a handout block.

In handout view, you can toggle the visibility of the fill-in text with the hide answers button. This is to support the common use case of creating a handout with fill-in-the-blank statements that the congregation uses to follow along with the sermon. Not every church follows this model. Some churches may not use this particular feature of the Sermon editor.

Is that explanation helpful?

Posts 27
keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:05 PM

I'm figuring it out.  It is just DIFFERENT than what would seem intuitive.     But I'm getting it.    I can see that it has a lot of potential....and I'm sure it will get better as time goes on.   

Page 11 of 13 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS