Logos 7 is here!

Page 4 of 6 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 100 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:50 AM

I'm interested in seeing the rollout. I've wavered on LogosNow and decided to wait a couple of weeks ago when Phil posted (this is my ever-faulty memory, Phil, so I apologize if I'm "misremembering"!) that we could add LogosNow subscription to our cart with L7 to see if the difference was worth it for us wavering souls.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 552
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:08 AM

Hi Mark, God bless:

For us that do not have Logos Now, the release of L7 is good news. Do you happen to know if there will be different base packages, and / or denominational packages available?

I liked the expansion packages that specialized in some areas. 

The next areas are important for Theological studies: Textual criticism, Biblical theology, Systematic theology, Historical theology, and Practical theology.

To your knowledge, will the guided course outlines and the theology module help tie up all the above areas into a coherent study?

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Blessings.

Posts 13307
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:12 AM

Hamilton Ramos:
Do you happen to know if there will be different base packages, and / or denominational packages available?

There will be different base packages, but no-one outside Faithlife knows what they will be yet. We'll have to wait a few more hours.

Hamilton Ramos:
To your knowledge, will the guided course outlines and the theology module help tie up all the above areas into a coherent study?

The course outlines are useful, though often at an introductory level. I'm fairly hopeful more material will be added in the future, though. Apart from the MobileEd courses (which you have to purchase) they tend mostly to cover areas of systematic or historical theology.

Posts 552
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:19 AM

Ok, thanks.

Blessings.

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:22 AM

Yes. there are new set of different base packages and denominations packages. 

You can buy them now thru CS, I talked to them already.

Posts 1081
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:23 AM

Would be nice to read & be able to compare...

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:37 AM

Happy to see that Hebrew audio pronunciation is included!

Posts 1048
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:41 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Larry Heflin:
I have Logos Now, so I'm pretty sure not everyone will be seeing this same activity.

Correct; Logos Now (and Verbum Now) members get early access to Logos 7 as a benefit of their subscription.

Question....I have Logos Now. Both my machines (Macs) have updated and both have all the new features. However, they both say that I am on version 6.14 RC4. Can you tell me why that is? What am I missing here?

Thanks for any clarity anyone might provide, as I thought I would by upgraded to l7, as it seems other LN members have been. I plan to buy a new package today, but through that I would still be upgraded to the base l7 platform without that purchase. 

Thanks! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:43 AM

Myke Harbuck:
Question....I have Logos Now. Both my machines (Macs) have updated and both have all the new features. However, they both say that I am on version 6.14 RC4. Can you tell me why that is? What am I missing here?

In the command bar type "Set update channel to default"

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:43 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Thanks for any clarity anyone might provide, as I thought I would by upgraded to l7, as it seems other LN members have been. I plan to buy a new package today, but through that I would still be upgraded to the base l7 platform without that purchase. 

Thanks! 

Have you "Set update channel to default"?

Posts 1048
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:45 AM

mike:

Maybe I had high hopes for L7, but I feel L7 is not so much of an upgrade. I feel its just another day of LN release.

Why?

1. Interface still the same. No facelift. (I thought this would be the first noticeable upgrade)
  2. I was hoping more than these minor upgrades (sorry I know you guys worked hard). Nothing groundbreaking or magical. No major thing.
  3. No fireworks on first opening L7.

Idk, maybe things would look different in the next release of LN in October. Wilted Flowert.

I, too, was hoping for a Facelift. I REALLY like a refreshed GUI every now and then. I was especially hoping that Logos would take better advantage of the lefthand landscape (not sure of what it is called - where the lectionaries, prayer lists, etc, are), and would add access of new features or resources to that area...it present it seems like a waste of valuable real estate! Since I do not use lectionaries, that area is half empty for me, and there is nothing I can put there.

It would have also been nice to have the home screen customizable in different ways, such as the ability to select the resources we would like to see displayed there each day. 

Hope future updates address the need for a refreshed GUI and better leveraging of left-hand landscape. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 2238
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:59 AM

I'd rather prefer a new feature of some sort over visual insignificances...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1048
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:07 AM

Jan Krohn:

"Visual insignificance"? Now there's a relative and subjective term if if I've ever heard one. LOL. Big Smile

The GUI is important to many users, and many wont realize all the features available if the GUI isn't designed properly. In programming, the GUI is the gateway to the features of a platform, and as such, would hardly be considered "insignificant." 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 1081
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:08 AM

Jan Krohn:

I'd prefer a new skin on a program I look at several hours a day than a bunch of promotional videos I'll never watch...

Posts 1081
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:09 AM

OH MY! IT LOADED! IT LOADED!!

https://www.logos.com/ 

(Well, at least one page did...)

Posts 2
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:01 AM

You can disable the "left-hand landscape" area totally. That's what I did after being frustrated with all the empty space.

Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:11 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
In addition to what we've already released, here's what's new in Logos 7.0:

Phil (or other FL folks):

Are there any items listed on the L7 product page, particularly under "Feature Set Resources," that do not come with Logos Now?

For example, I'm looking at this page: https://www.logos.com/product/81152/platinum - looking at just "New to you."  I see an interactive called "Septuagint Manuscript Explorer" for a standard price of $5.99. But the top of the page acknowledges that I am a Logos Now member. So I can't tell for sure if I will get that interactive without this platinum package or not.

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 1802
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:15 AM

Donnie Hale:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
In addition to what we've already released, here's what's new in Logos 7.0:

Phil (or other FL folks):

Are there any items listed on the L7 product page, particularly under "Feature Set Resources," that do not come with Logos Now?

For example, I'm looking at this page: https://www.logos.com/product/81152/platinum - looking at just "New to you."  I see an interactive called "Septuagint Manuscript Explorer" for a standard price of $5.99. But the top of the page acknowledges that I am a Logos Now member. So I can't tell for sure if I will get that interactive without this platinum package or not.

Thanks,

Donnie

No. Logos Now includes everything in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set product.

Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:26 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thank you for answering so quickly. Does your answer imply that at some level "New to you" isn't completely accurate, since I am a LN member and would thus already have all features / feature sets?

Donnie

Posts 496
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:30 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Hi Phil,

Will the Logos 7 Full Feature Set be sold separately? And, if yes, for how much?

Page 4 of 6 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS