Website is Up

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:08 AM

www.logos.com is now up. Go shop. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:12 AM

And... It's down already - "504 Gateway Timeout"

Bums me out, both as a customer and as a web infrastructure guy.

Donnie

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:14 AM

Running slow for me but it is up.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:14 AM

Donnie Hale:

And... It's down already - "504 Gateway Timeout"

Bums me out, both as a customer and as a web infrastructure guy.

Donnie

yeap you can't get past front page, so stuck with the infomercial again.which is telling us nothing new....

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:16 AM

Started comparing base packages and it time out.

Posts 1413
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:19 AM

its crashed already

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:23 AM

No, not the sheep! *cries*

[And where did the wishlist go to?!]

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:26 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

They are being slammed, no doubt. My question is how to buy just a book library (since I am a Logos Now member) versus buying a package that includes both books and Logos 7 features. Faith life said there would be an option for that, but I didn't see that on the website for the few minutes it was up. I didn't see the wishlist either...

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:28 AM

JH:

Yasmin Stephen:

They are being slammed, no doubt. My question is how to buy just a book library (since I am a Logos Now member) versus buying a package that includes both books and Logos 7 features. Faith life said there would be an option for that, but I didn't see that on the website for the few minutes it was up. I didn't see the wishlist either...

If you can access this link, the info is there: https://www.logos.com/ways-to-get-logos

(Let me know if you can't access it, and I'll put up the screenshots for you. Screenshots are here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129215/840216.aspx#840216 )

Posts 157
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:32 AM

Worst roll out ever. Website down and I have been on infinite telephone hold. Makes one wonder how good Logos 7 is if this is an example of their technical expertise.

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:32 AM

JH:
My question is how to buy just a book library (since I am a Logos Now member

Choose your preferred Library and you should get the dynamic price. Your Now membership automatically gives you L7 features.

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:42 AM

Same ol' same ol'. Roll-out day failures. Website crashing. Live stream keeps hanging (It played ok for a while after rebooting roku, but now keeps freezing again at odd intervals.). Extremely frustrating. I know it has to be frustrating for Faithlife crew too, but I really wish we were past these types of hiccups.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:49 AM

The same issues as with the Logos 6 rollout yet again, it really does not fill you with confidence.

Posts 44
Eric | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:56 AM

Fortunately, patience is the fourth fruit - if you can wait that long to get through the list :-P

Let's be honest, we're giving grief to a company that produces software that makes our lives significantly easier, and they've poured a ton of resources into this software to make it so we don't have to do nearly as much legwork. I think we can afford them a little grace.

Recovering bibliophile

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:57 AM

Donn Arms:
Worst roll out ever.

Not even close! (Although I am frustrated that I can't get online). At least Logos Now users being able to download the newest engine right off the bat was great. 

FWIW - I am twiddling my thumbs right now waiting to see what a new package might have for me! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1413
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:59 AM

We always hear excuses, but every time is the same issue.

Faithlife team simply doesn't want to learn from previous years mistakes. 

EDIT: Yes After seeing base packages, my grief is gone. Such a big candy store Confused

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:02 AM

Anticipation ...

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:06 AM

Wild Eagle:

We always hear excuses, but every time is the same issue.Angry

Faithlife team simply doesn't want to learn from previous years mistakes. 

Agreed they have learnt nothing from Logos 6 launch experience and the numerous website failures. Who are they kidding when they think they can offer their software reliably as a cloud based solution?

Posts 490
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:07 AM

On the bright side... I'm really encouraged that there are so many people deeply passionate about bible study that they/we are crashing the site! I know I work hard to see people passionate about the Word, and to see a company's website dedicated to do that overwhelmed is a silver lining to the inconvenience we're experiencing.  I'm uninformed about the backend web stuff, so I got no say in whose to blame.

Granted, I am VERY eager to see base package content and really wish some basic info was available.  Although, I still remember waiting 2.5 hours in line to ride the Little Mermaid Ride with my kids when it was newly opened at Disneyland in the blistering summer SoCal heat, and we loved all 120 seconds of that ride after of course, paying premium Disney admission fees.  If I can survive that moment for that reward, maybe a website timeout isn't that bad for owning top-level bible study resources? Hmm 

Or maybe I'm just being too spiritual. Wink

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:20 AM

Richard Villanueva:

...,maybe a website timeout isn't that bad for owning top-level bible study resources? Hmm 

Or maybe I'm just being too spiritual. Wink

It's not just about a timeout it's about the company's ability to offer a reliable cloud based application solution under a heavy load.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS