Logos 7: What have you bought, and why...?

Page 1 of 5 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:46 PM

The range of base packages / libraries is bewildering (in a good way!) - and I'd love to hear what others have bought, and what the "sweet spots" are in the new range. Thanks. 

Posts 1205
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:27 PM

I can't get on to compare.....Can't wait

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:29 PM

Nothing and I won't buy anything until I can compare packages properly

Posts 3165
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:31 PM

I have been trying to get on to look at the packages and stuff but all it is is one great big ad logos 7, logos 7- no info at all about new packages.

Posts 1805
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:41 PM

Hang in there. We're working hard to get the comparison chart up and operational for everyone. We're really sorry for the delay. The traffic levels are pushing our current servers to the limits, and we're doing everything we can to address it as soon as possible.

Posts 3008
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:41 PM

If you search the store in the usual way you will find the packages' product pages.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:45 PM

Paul-C:

The range of base packages / libraries is bewildering (in a good way!) - and I'd love to hear what others have bought, and what the "sweet spots" are in the new range. Thanks. 

So far, I've purchased Reformed Portfolio, Baptist Platinum and the Full Feature Set. I'm still assessing some of the other options.

As the compare page isn't working yet, my strategy was to begin with the Starter edition, and ask myself if I was willing to pay $50 (or whatever my dynamic pricing was) for the resources in that package. If I wasn't, I'd ask the same question of the next package up and so on. Once I decided that a package was worth having, I kept that open in a window, and then compare the next one up with that package, and ask whether the price difference between the two packages is worth the extra money.

I bought Reformed Portfolio mostly for Jonathan Edwards' works (my dynamic pricing price was about a third of the price of that one bundle), but I also will appreciate The Bible Knowledge Background Commentary, CM328 Preaching the Psalms and I'm intrigued by the Lexham Geographic Commentary on the Gospels. I could have got all these in Reformed Diamond, but Portfolio was only a fraction more expensive, so that seemed worthwhile.

Baptist Platinum is only $150 for me. I'm most interested in Select Works of William Lane Craig (4 vols.), The Baptism of Disciples Alone, Christianity Today Magazine and the stuff from Founders' Press.

I'll also be getting Methodist and Wesleyan Bronze. It's only $8.64 for me, and includes Eerdmans Ben Witherington Biblical Theology Collection (6 vols.) which is worth $74. Silver, looked tempting for all the commentaries that will be added later, but it turned out they were just Whedon's Commentary on the Old and New Testaments, which is languishing in CP.

I'll also be buying one of the packages with The Old Testament Library Series (7 vols.) and The New Testament Library Series (15 vols.) in it, but I haven't yet decided which that will be — probably either Diamond or Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum, which are similarly priced for me.

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:20 PM

Mark,

why did you purchase the Full Feature Set when it is included in base packages?  Or do you have to pay for that separately? 

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:27 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:
why did you purchase the Full Feature Set when it is included in base packages?  Or do you have to pay for that separately? 

With L7, it's possible to purchase the resources and the Feature Set separately if you are upgrading from an earlier version.

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:33 PM

Mark Barnes:
With L7, it's possible to purchase the resources and the Feature Set separately if you are upgrading from an earlier version.

Is it possible to just purchase the "Feature Set" without buying a Base Package?  I am less willing to spend money on a Base Package without knowing what I am getting. I could buy the "Feature Set" and then (using Dynamic Pricing) get a Base Package once the comparisons are up and running.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:38 PM

Mark Barnes:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Mark, 

I understand that it's possible to purchase resources (books) and the feature set as separate items, but if I look at Reformed Portfolio, I have a dynamic price of $401.  Then it tells me what resources I would get and what feature set I would get.  

It seems as if you bought the Reformed Portfolio as one item and then the Full Feature set.  Are there additional items in the full feature set not included in the Reformed Portfolio feature set items.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:38 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Is it possible to just purchase the "Feature Set" without buying a Base Package? 

Yes, you can: https://www.logos.com/product/120029/logos-7-full-feature-set 

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:39 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Is it possible to just purchase the "Feature Set" without buying a Base Package? 

Yes.  Look at option # 3. https://www.logos.com/ways-to-get-logos 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:44 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I understand that it's possible to purchase resources (books) and the feature set as separate items, but if I look at Reformed Portfolio, I have a dynamic price of $401.  Then it tells me what resources I would get and what feature set I would get.  

It seems as if you bought the Reformed Portfolio as one item and then the Full Feature set.  Are there additional items in the full feature set not included in the Reformed Portfolio feature set items.

Are you a Logos Now subscriber?

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:47 PM

Mark,

Yes I subscribe to Logos Now.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:55 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Mark,

Yes I subscribe to Logos Now.

Then you probably never purchased the Feature Set with your base package. It will have said that it was included, but if you looked at the small print it would add that it's included as part of your Logos Now subscription. It's confusingly written, but they're trying to tell you that you get the datasets with your rental, not your purchase.

Posts 10040
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:58 PM

I got the L7 Full Feature Set.

I already did my tagging.  I got the L7 FFS for the new interlinears. And happily, you can cross-morph the latin to the hebrew and greek. Neato.

I ckecked the DSS interlinear ... easier to use than the DSS Biblical Index.

The MSS Explorers look good; don't know if I can extract them yet.

Some others I wanted/bought(?), I don't see eg Fathers RI. Who knows.

I'll likely check the Rick-Collections later, to see if he expanded any.

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:40 PM

I'm super excited that Hermeneia/Continental set are now in L7 Platinum. Those works are expensive and this makes them affordable. I'll have to think about upgrading on a payment plan...even though I'm still paying for L6 Platinum!

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:54 PM

Denise:
Some others I wanted/bought(?), I don't see eg Fathers RI. Who knows.

It's been added to this resource: https://ref.ly/logosres/apfthtext 

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:59 PM

Mark Barnes:
I'll also be buying one of the packages with The Old Testament Library Series (7 vols.) and The New Testament Library Series (15 vols.) in it, but I haven't yet decided which that will be — probably either Diamond or Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum, which are similarly priced for me.

I've plumped for Diamond. Not only does it have these commentaries, but it also has The New Daily Study Bible: New Testament, and SCM's Studies in Biblical Theology Series.

Page 1 of 5 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS