Coming Attractions

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 2:59 PM

I happened to be on the phone last week with Bob talking about technology in a solo pastor church, and in the course of that conversation we were talking about the search interface in Logos 6. I was grousing about the multiple search interfaces and the cryptic syntax that sends me up to the forum with some regularity to get help with this week's needle in the haystack search. He seemed to infer that there were changes coming to the search interface that would address some of my grousing. I had hoped this would be someting in L7, but now that that's out of the bag I'm still looking. Did I misread something, or are there further changes coming to the search interface? 

Posts 1599
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:09 PM

In my very limited playing with Logos 7, I have been pleased with the changes to the search interface for searching for things based on datatype. Just type in "<" (without the quotes) and you start getting a list of datatypes that gets more specific as you type. It will make it much easier to do these searches - simply because it helps you with the cryptic syntax. There is certainly room for improvement in this, but it is a useful start.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:40 PM

Clint Cozier:
Did I misread something, or are there further changes coming to the search interface? 

Everyone knows the complex search syntax is a problem an opportunity to improve (which Bob brings up pretty frequently), and we're considering various solutions. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying what direction we're heading until it's more settled.

Posts 1890
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 5:10 PM

Eli Evans:
I wouldn't feel comfortable saying what direction we're heading until it's more settled.

My request for 5 or more years has been a sql-like search syntax, complete with distinct, count, join, etc. I suspect I'm the only one that would find that to be an improvement, though.

Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS