Help Files were updated for Logos/Verbum 7

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:03 PM

A minor Logos 7 bonus: Updated help. There's one help file for both 6 and 7. Sections are now marked with [L6], [L7], [Now], and [Internet] to indicate which version is required, whether a live internet connection is required, and if an active Now subscription is required. We also added quite a bit of content for L6 things that had shipped over Logos Now but escaped documentation.

For Verbum, it's a more major update: The Help documentation for Verbum is now on par with the Logos documentation.

There's also a "What's New" article near the beginning (just after "Getting Started"). 

Questions/concerns can go to this thread, or to directly to me: eli at faithlife dot com. (No print version, sorry.)

Posts 26102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 5:24 PM

Yes Big Smile

This particular release has documentation asking for particular headings and/or email addresses to report problem. Has Logos grown to the point that reporting of errors should be through picklists to identify the where the problem should be reported and what the headings should be?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:04 PM

I'm probably just sleepy, but I don't understand what you're asking. 

Posts 26102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:09 PM

Eli Evans:
I'm probably just sleepy, but I don't understand what you're asking.

I suspect you're beyond sleepy ... didn't Bob supply hammocks and sand for the weekend?

Example:

If you have feedback on this documentation or additional questions, please email data.lgenre@faithlife.com.

Jeremy Thompson, Longacre Genre Analysis of the Bible Dataset Documentation (Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2016).

If you have feedback, additional questions, bug reports, or support issues that are specific to this documentation, please email data.speechacts@logos.com. Please include an informative subject line like “Feedback on Speech Acts Dataset: Add description of …” or “Bug in Speech Acts Dataset: Missing Data for … “.

James Parks, Speech Acts Dataset Documentation (Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2016).

If you have feedback, additional questions, bug reports, or support issues that are specific to this documentation, please email data.textcom@logos.com. Please include an informative subject line like “Feedback on Text Comparison Dataset: Add description of …” or “Bug in Text Comparison Dataset: Missing Data for …”.

Lydia Husser, Text Comparison: Dataset Documentation (Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2016).

etc.

We need a single way to report where by our selection of what we are reporting the correct email address and heading are generated. We're not going to take the time or remember where to find the ______ instructions for each type of error we find.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
We need a single way to report

Use the forums.

It will take longer to route your report to the most appropriate person, but it will eventually get there.

Or, if you do remember to look up the email address from the documentation, you can send it there yourself directly.

Posts 26102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:39 PM

A brand new business approach - make sure typos and production errors are reported publicly so that when a newbie comes to the forums with a questions they see lots of complaints about quality !!! Much better than the discreet "contact us" that many companies use.

Posts 1081
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:04 PM

MJ. Smith:

A brand new business approach - make sure typos and production errors are reported publicly so that when a newbie comes to the forums with a questions they see lots of complaints about quality !!! Much better than the discreet "contact us" that many companies use.

I'd prefer either an internal bug-reporting tool like we have with typos or a link & a form to fill out on logos.com. Sometimes I've reported bugs on the forums and gotten a response in a very short period of time. Sometimes no one at all from FL has ever gotten to the thread and I'm left wondering if it was seen at all. A tool would give more confidence (?) that a bug report has gotten someone's notice.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS