How long do these introductory prices usually last?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 72
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:17 PM

I have academic discount, which is pretty substantial. Should I feel any time pressure to decide whether or not to buy a base package, aside from the time my academic discount ends?

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:27 PM

Well.. from my perspective.. The academic discount at the moment is a little messed up..

Technically, we're supposed to get academic discount + (5% + 10% Logos Now's perks) = final discount. But I didn't see the 10+5 discount at all during the check out today. 

So I think you can wait until they fix the pricing. For me on the other hand, would need to call CS to fix this mess.

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:31 AM

Hi Andrew, 

I have academic discount too. Indeed, mine is for academic staff. 

Yesterday the academic discount was increased by 10% (the introductory offer has 10% off). I was quite amazed by this, as they don't usually stack discounts like that. But I notice that today it has reverted to the usual amount. 

Colin. 

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:41 AM

If I may ask, how much was your discount Colin?

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:36 AM

Ooh, I don't think it's generally advertised so I'd better not say. The level of academic faculty discount depends on whether or not Logos is required by your institution as far as I know. Still, the prices advertised on the website yesterday definitely had an extra 10% off. 

Sorry!

Colin. 

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:17 AM

Did yours just said academic price discount alone, or did it say that you had another 10% additional discount?

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:24 AM

It did not have a separate line for the additional discount - it was just called academic discount. However, it was 10% higher than usual and 10% higher than the academic discount today. 

Colin

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:11 AM

Colin:

It did not have a separate line for the additional discount - it was just called academic discount. However, it was 10% higher than usual and 10% higher than the academic discount today. 

Colin

The academic discount is the same for me today as it was yesterday. That said, there are still pricing errors online because it is not correctly discounting for Logos Now users.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS