Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:34 PM

With Logos 7 officially launching, how does Logos Cloud Fit into the overall marketing strategy of L7? Obviously Logos Cloud members gain access to the L7 engine and many of L7's datasets automatically. 

Here's my questions:

1. Will the Logos Cloud page be updated to reflect L7 as well as which L7 features are included in which Cloud tiers?

2. Will Logos Cloud tiers be refreshed under L7 to include new books, mobile ed courses, etc, to feel similar to L7 packages but just through subscription?

3. How does Logos Cloud Fit Into the new Logos Now membership plans on what portions of it Cloud members get?

4. Will Logos Cloud be added to the "ways to mine to Logos" page as another option for those considering transitioning from an ownership model to the Cloud model?

I'm just curious as to how Logos Cloud is going to fly into this strategy. 

Thanks! 

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:31 PM

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Parker:
1. Will the Logos Cloud page be updated to reflect L7 as well as which L7 features are included in which Cloud tiers?

What page specifically are you referring to? I don't think the pages at logoscloud.com mention what tools are in what tiers, though the capabilities are mentioned. As we go forward with each release cycle, we make decisions for what features go in what tiers. That will continue to be the case into the future.

Nathan Parker:
2. Will Logos Cloud tiers be refreshed under L7 to include new books, mobile ed courses, etc, to feel similar to L7 packages but just through subscription?

Logos Cloud will continue to get the monthly updates with content. We don't plan on recalibrating the whole libraries for Logos 7. 

Nathan Parker:
3. How does Logos Cloud Fit Into the new Logos Now membership plans on what portions of it Cloud members get?

Logos Cloud members get what they subscribe to. Logos Cloud memberships do not include Logos Now benefits.

Nathan Parker:
4. Will Logos Cloud be added to the "ways to mine to Logos" page as another option for those considering transitioning from an ownership model to the Cloud model?

Yes, probably.

Because Logos Cloud is a subscription service that updates on a cycle, major releases are less jarring than on the ownership model. 7.0 may have a few really nice features compared to 6.12, but the experience of getting a new library with all the new features is different. It's a difference in degree rather than a difference in kind. Logos Cloud continues to get new resources and the new features as it does every release cycle. 

I hope that makes sense. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:53 PM

Jon Bolin:

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Parker:

What page specifically are you referring to? I don't think the pages at logoscloud.com mention what tools are in what tiers, though the capabilities are mentioned. As we go forward with each release cycle, we make decisions for what features go in what tiers. That will continue to be the case into the future.

Nathan Parker:

Logos Cloud will continue to get the monthly updates with content. We don't plan on recalibrating the whole libraries for Logos 7. 

Nathan Parker:

Logos Cloud members get what they subscribe to. Logos Cloud memberships do not include Logos Now benefits.

Nathan Parker:

Yes, probably.

Because Logos Cloud is a subscription service that updates on a cycle, major releases are less jarring than on the ownership model. 7.0 may have a few really nice features compared to 6.12, but the experience of getting a new library with all the new features is different. It's a difference in degree rather than a difference in kind. Logos Cloud continues to get new resources and the new features as it does every release cycle. 

I hope that makes sense. Let us know if you have any other questions.

There's a comparison chart page on the Logos Cloud website. I'm on my iPad so it's hard to get the link. It mentions different features and resources in different tiers (albeit it ambiguously). 

It's been a few months since updates have been posted to Logos Cloud libraries with the exception of EEC. I don't think dramatic refreshing is needed, but it would be good to add some gradual additions over the next few months that allow Logos Cloud users to take advantage of some of the new features in L7. 

When Logos Cloud was originally announced, Faithlife mentioned that Logos Cloud tiers received some features of Logos Now. Something along the lines of Premium and above members had all the features of Logos Now included with Logos Cloud. With the new Logos Now membership, it would be good to re-evaluate how it applies to people on Cloud tiers so they know if they need to combine Now with Cloud to receive all the benefits. 

Since Logos Cloud members were also getting incremental updates to Logos like Logos Now members, it's true that the 6 to 7 updates aren't as drastic as those without Now or Cloud. However, there's still "enough" of a change. Other subscription services I'm on (Office 365, Adobe CC, etc) still occasionally release major upgrades to subscribers on top of incremental updates. 

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:01 PM

Nathan, see if this link answers your question. https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:04 PM

Lynden Williams:

Nathan, see if this link answers your question. https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets 

It helps but I don't see a full legend of the symbols. 

Nathan Parker

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS