Logos 7 pricing question

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1335
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:19 AM

When I click on the "i" next to my dynamic price for a new L7 package, I see a line showing price reduction for resources I already own, and another line showing academic discount. Where is the Logos Now 15% discount factored in, or is the 15% taken off at checkout?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 10482
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:40 AM

PL:
When I click on the "i" next to my dynamic price for a new L7 package, I see a line showing price reduction for resources I already own, and another line showing academic discount. Where is the Logos Now 15% discount factored in, or is the 15% taken off at checkout?

I believe that the Now discount is calculated in your Dynamic Price.

Posts 13307
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:57 AM

Jack Caviness:
I believe that the Now discount is calculated in your Dynamic Price.

Several other users are reporting that academic pricing seems to disable the Logos Now discount. We're awaiting an official response.

Posts 3002
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:15 AM

The actual Now discount that you should be seeing is an extra 5% on top of the discounts you already see. Phil Gons, in a direct reply to my question in another thread after checking with other people at Faithlife, wrote that it would stack with academic discount.

I, too, am waiting to see that in fact happen.

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:05 PM

Our system limits us from stacking discounts at an order line level.  That means we can only put 1 discount on any single sku on any order.  In order to accomplish discount stacking, we create single discounts that account for all the given offers a user is eligible for.

Example:

An academic user purchases a base package:  They will see an academic discount of X% applied to the SKU price in the cart.

An academic user who is a Logos Now member purchases a base package:  They will see an academic discount of Y% applied to the SKU price in the cart, where Y = X * 0.95

In both these instances the user will only see one discount shown in the cart and in the "i" tooltip.  But the value of this discount will differ based on whether the user is a Logos Now member or not.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:08 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Our system limits us from stacking discounts at an order line level.  That means we can only put 1 discount on any single sku on any order.  In order to accomplish discount stacking, we create single discounts that account for all the given offers a user is eligible for.

Example:

An academic user purchases a base package:  They will see an academic discount of X% applied to the SKU price in the cart.

An academic user who is a Logos Now member purchases a base package:  They will see an academic discount of Y% applied to the SKU price in the cart, where Y = X * 0.95

In both these instances the user will only see one discount shown in the cart and in the "i" tooltip.  But the value of this discount will differ based on whether the user is a Logos Now member or not.

Yes, but as I told Phil a little while ago via email, it is currently cheaper to purchase a base package WITHOUT the academic discount than with it. All I want is to temporarily 'disable' my academic discount so that I can purchase a package at the lowest rate.

Posts 3002
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:28 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Example:

There's a problem with your math in that example. Suppose x is 20. The academic user without Logos Now gets a 20% discount. The academic user with Logos Now gets a 19% discount, if x=y and y=.95*x. The following would work better:  .95(1-x/100)=1-y/100. In that equation, if x is 20, then y is 24.

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:16 PM

You're absolutely right.  I was trying to quickly illustrate the point and not being algebraically correct.  

The Price is actually what is modified in the system and what's shown in the cart or the tooltip is the amount or result of that modification.

The point is that Logos Now members with academic roles an additional 5% vs everyone else with an academic role.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:24 PM

Ok I'm a little confused, please forgive me. So I too have the same issue. I have an academic discount which is 20%. I also am a Logos Now member, does that mean I get 25%? I'm confused because the pricing is a little confusing online. Should I just call or email to order? 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:35 PM

I've created a spreadsheet with an example of how prices are calculated for a base package sale for the various academic role and Logos Now membership scenarios.  I've used Standard Gold as an example, and assumed no Dynamic Pricing.  Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS