Beware of this issue with "What you own"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:14 AM

So I bought Anglican Portfolio, which included Classics of Western Spirituality Bundle (126 volumes). Now I am just looking at Lutheran Portfolio, which includes the same thing - yet it says "I only own 99 of 126 resources and datasets - yet every line shows as Owned. I also show no Datasets that are not marked as "Owned"

Also  why do so many resources show with the green dot, meaning Owned, when I have selected the dropbox "New to You"? I can understand if this showed within a collection that I had partial ownership, but many resources and datasets etc.. show where this is not the case.

I assume my price to upgrade is artificially inflated high?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:27 AM

Don,

For this item, and many others, it says next to it " Only some resources from this collection are included"

As far as I can tell, it includes the Classics of Western Spirituality: Pre-Reformation Christianity (55 vols.) and the Classics of Western Spirituality: Post-Reformation Christianity (44 vols.) but not the Classics of Western Spirituality: Judaism, Islam, and Native American Religions (27 vols.).

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:34 AM

Don Awalt:
So I bought Anglican Portfolio, which included Classics of Western Spirituality Bundle (126 volumes). Now I am just looking at Lutheran Portfolio, which includes the same thing - yet it says "I only own 99 of 126 resources and datasets - yet every line shows as Owned. I also show no Datasets that are not marked as "Owned"

That's because the 27 resources you don't own are not included in this package anyway. If you look at Collectors (which includes everything, you'll see the mix of owned/unowned you're looking for).

Don Awalt:
I assume my price to upgrade is artificially inflated high?

I don't think so. I noticed the same problems yesterday and did some manual calculations to see what was happening. Doing so gave me confidence that regardless of what was being displayed, the dynamic price was being calculated correctly.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:37 AM

Mark Barnes:
If you look at Collectors (which includes everything, you'll see the mix of owned/unowned you're looking for).

Mark, Collectors does not contain all 126 resources either, just 99.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:51 AM

Damian McGrath:

Mark Barnes:
If you look at Collectors (which includes everything, you'll see the mix of owned/unowned you're looking for).

Collectors does contain them all, perhaps the balance is still in production. I have collecters and all the Classics of Western Spirituality sets are greyed out for me.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:55 AM

Damian McGrath:

I don't believe that's the case (despite the "New to You" section saying only some resources are included). If you visit the Classics page, it says it's included in Collectors. That's very rarely wrong. And I think the reason the "Expand" link isn't working on Collectors is because everything is included.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:11 AM

How strange - it was expanded for me - and still is on my ipad. It clearly says "Only some resources from this collection are included" and I pasted them all into excel and got 99 items. 

As I typed this, I compared the expanded list on and then searched on the page for one of the Jewish texts - they appear at the very bottom under "Other".

Bit odd.

Sorry, for the misinformation....

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:17 AM

I think that it happens when different tiers of packages have different elements of a collection. 

I notice it in the Lutheran package where volume 17 of bonhoffer is listed separately, but it is there.

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:28 AM

Don Awalt:

Also  why do so many resources show with the green dot, meaning Owned, when I have selected the dropbox "New to You"? I can understand if this showed within a collection that I had partial ownership, but many resources and datasets etc.. show where this is not the case.

This is purely a display error.

Here's how it works:

Given any collection which exists in whole or part in any particular library/base package, if there is at least one volume in that collection that you do not have, New to You will always show you the collection, expanded to list all of the volumes in the library/base package (while correctly indicating which volumes you own), even if all of the volumes from that collection that are in that library/base package are ones that you already own.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:38 AM

OK thanks - very confusing - buy my takeaway here is you all believe it to be correct (I pay for what I get). Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS