Sermon Documents made public

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1051
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:26 PM

Could I get a favor from some of you geniuses and MVPs out there, or from some of the FL employees who have used this feature? I would love to see some examples of the sermon document. Could some of you who have already played around with this feature or who have built some sermons please share some of your documents as public, published documents so I can acquire some of them at docuemnts.logos.com? 

I am struggling with how to properly build these documents, and some examples would be really nice. I know it's really early, which is why there are, as of yet, none published....but if some of you would publish a few and reply here to let me know you have done so, I would be forever in your debt. 

Thank you in advance for taking a few moments out of your time to help me leverage this feature. I know it will be an excellent feature for me...I just need to get past the learning curve. 

Thanks!

Myke

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 1051
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:27 PM

PS: If you know of any videos that anyone has made on this feature, let me know, as well. As I said, I know it is early. Just thought I'd ask. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 26115
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:29 PM

https://www.logos.com/logos-pro sermon editor is on the left, first line

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:30 PM

Here is a promotional video. https://www.logos.com/logos-pro 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1051
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:13 PM

MJ. Smith:

https://www.logos.com/logos-pro sermon editor is on the left, first line

Thanks... but Im looking for a training video on the feature as opposed to a promo video. Like I said, I know its early. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 26115
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:15 PM

logos pro is the training arm ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1051
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

logos pro is the training arm ...

I know...but if you watch the video, you'll see its about a minute and 40 seconds or so, and more so promotes the feature than provides training on the feature. Its just a basic introduction to the feature, and really shouldnt be in the "training" section at all. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:58 PM

Myke Harbuck:
I know...but if you watch the video, you'll see its about a minute and 40 seconds or so, and more so promotes the feature than provides training on the feature. Its just a basic introduction to the feature, and really shouldnt be in the "training" section at all. 

I'll see if I can put something together for you in the morning.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:16 AM

Myke Harbuck:

I threw this together this morning. Hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGEADhtKx0k&feature=youtu.be

Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:35 AM

Fredc:

I found that helpful. Thanks Fred!

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:35 AM

Thanks Fred, this helps me a lot.

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 8:00 AM

Thanks Fred. That was helpful. I have noticed that the tool will not let you make a slide with, say, a numbered list on it. I generally put my outline on PowerPoint where I have outlined the passage and added supporting verses or explanatory notes. It seems that I would not be able to do this with the sermon writer, at least yet. My question, though, for those who use PowerPoint in preaching, is that putting too much information on the screen which would take away from the sermon delivery? Should I just be putting up main points, special explanatory points, and Scripture passages?  Thanks.

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 8:12 AM

Luke B. Wolford:
is that putting too much information on the screen which would take away from the sermon delivery? Should I just be putting up main points, special explanatory points, and Scripture passages?

I normally just put my main points on the screen. I would not put by sub topics or portions of my outline on the screen. But that is my personal preference. If you wanted the slides to show your outline format, you will need to type that text rather than let the system apply a numbered list.

Posts 71
Luke B. Wolford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:04 AM

Thanks Fred. 

Posts 1051
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:16 AM

Fredc:

Fantastic! Thank you so much my friend! 

I hope others who have built some live sermons will share them in documents.logos.com!

One question...under your "teaching" point (I think?), the first bulleted number was 1, but the rest seemed to follow the numbering from the point above (5, 6, 7, I think). Is this a bug? Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to do this! 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Myke Harbuck:
...under your "teaching" point ... 5, 6, 7... Is this a bug? Is there a way to correct this?

Yes; there is a rendering bug in the display technology we're using that, under certain circumstances, causes the wrong number to be displayed. This does not affect the underlying data or export results.

If you switch to a view that doesn't display the numbers and then switch back, or if you close the sermon and re-open it, they will display correctly again.

Apologies for the inconvenience; we'll see if we can make some changes to mitigate the impact of it.

Posts 1051
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:38 AM

Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife):

Apologies for the inconvenience; we'll see if we can make some changes to mitigate the impact of it.

Thanks so much for the info Jacob. It must be a mighty big bug if you are promising to "mitigate the impact" rather than correct the improper rendering itself. Must be a hard fix, huh??

No worries. I think this feature is amazing, even with the bug! 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:43 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Fredc:

Fantastic! Thank you so much my friend! 

I hope others who have built some live sermons will share them in documents.logos.com!

One question...under your "teaching" point (I think?), the first bulleted number was 1, but the rest seemed to follow the numbering from the point above (5, 6, 7, I think). Is this a bug? Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to do this! 

your welcome

Posts 586
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 10:02 AM

Thank you very much Fred. I see great possibilities with the Sermon Editor in the very near future.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 10:36 AM

Fredc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGEADhtKx0k&feature=youtu.be

This was very helpful! Thanks for doing this video!

Any thoughts/ideas on how to use the "fill-in" feature?

Also, when I export the sermon to try to print it, the font is HUGE! Is there any way to fix this?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS