Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 42
Robyn VH. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2016 7:11 PM

Hi Graham

I have attended Christian college here in NZ obtaining a leadership diploma however theological study was minimal - it was all group management and leadership strategies can you direct me to the " AOG ministerial training resources are in Logos"  so I can check them out - it seems some of what I am looking for may well be in logos I am just not looking in the right places.

Posts 11
Mark from Rome, GA | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 10:49 PM

Graham; amen to Pathway Press!!  Used to love their songbooks at Mt Paran in the 70's....I'm afraid everything is overhead projector now.....

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 2:52 AM

Robyn VH:
direct me to the " AOG ministerial training resources are in Logos" 

https://www.logos.com/product/26766/berean-school-of-the-bible-digital-courses 

Posts 5
Cindy Colbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:33 PM

Agree 100%. I just recently purchased Logos 7 Gold to test drive for 30 days but so far I'm not to overly impressed. In addition they discontinued AG's Global training that used to be available in most all base packages. What other software would you recommend? Currently I'm considering switching to a standard Gold package or changing software altogether. 

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 3:02 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Cindy, It would matter what you are looking for.  Is there something specific you want? Dictionaries, Language Tools, Commentaries?

I was pleased with the Methodist Wesleyan Package (I purchased Platinum, but the Gold has a solid set of commentaries - Bible Knowledge, Socio-Rhetorical, IVPNT, Interpretation, Blacks, etc.)  The Gold Standard has a good mix as well (ACC, Pillar, Tyndale, NIGTC, Anchor Yale Dictionary) so I would think those would be better than the P&C Gold.  P&C seems really supplemental to me, as opposed to being a starter-library for Logos.

I was hoping to see Mark Barnes expand on his buying guides (which are a HUGE help in seeing an overview of the base packages) but I don't think he has completed them.  There are lots of options in base packages.

What are you looking for?

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 26541
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 3:23 PM

Cindy Colbert:
In addition they discontinued AG's Global training that used to be available in most all base packages

The post above yours provides the link to the AG's Global training ... I've not picked it up in any base package so I'm not sure where it has been included in the past.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:09 PM

MJ. Smith:
I've not picked it up in any base package so I'm not sure where it has been included in the past.

I'd concur, I don't remember this either.  Especially if this is in reference to the Berean School of the Bible If so, I know it has been available as a bundled set, and individually, but not as part of a base package.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 5
Cindy Colbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 10:47 AM

Honestly I'm still researching what all is available & worthwhile to purchase in building my library. I've just recently completed my 2nd year of training through the Illinois School Of Ministry & am currently awaiting licensing credentials from AG General Council. Thank you for taking time to answer. God Bless :-) 

Posts 5
Cindy Colbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 10:52 AM

Correct regarding the Berea School of the Bible. I currently have completed their first 2 years (hard copy print editions) & back when I was first considering the purchase I believe it was available in the Gold 6 standard base package. Was looking forward to having them in digital copy as well but no big deal either way. Since I have the printed editions, having a separate valuable resource would be best. 

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 12:59 PM

Cindy Colbert:
Honestly I'm still researching what all is available & worthwhile to purchase in building my library.

Congrats on completing your training! If you're looking for help in making choices or discerning what some of the more preferred resources are, the forums have been helpful for many.  If you have an idea of what you want to do with Logos, then it helps you find out what you need (will you be using Logos for counseling, sermon prep, devotional bible study, sunday school prep, furthering your education in additional seminary courses, etc.) so you can spend your money wisely.  I know for me, it's easy to get bogged down in the multitudes of resources and get into decision fatigue. Lol.

The buyer's guides are not completed, but here's a link that leads you to the first two Mark has prepared: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129632/842432.aspx 

Posts 67
Barron1961 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2017 11:43 PM

Graham Owen:

Gary Osborne:
as best I can tell they still have no one dedicated specifically to our grouping

I wonder if there is a job vacancy...

As part of one of Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee) I would naturally like to see books published by Pathway Press in Logos.

As a member of the AoG and a ministerial student I would love to see resources from Gospel Publishing House.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS