Question Concerning Differences Between Logos 6 Engine and Logos 7 Free Engine

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1645
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:48 AM

Scenario: Someone owns the Logos 6 Standard Gold base package but is not a Logos Now subscriber. They decide not to buy anything Logos 7 but elect to download the free engine when it is made available. What differences will they see besides a new start up screen?

I'm guessing they won't get the concordance tool etc., since you either have to subscribe to NOW or buy them in the Feature Set. Will the free engine actually offer anything new? 

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 21744
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:22 AM

Rick:
Will the free engine actually offer anything new? 

Yes, it will.

Phil refers to this at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129519/841680.aspx#841680 - I don't know what those free features will be.

Posts 1645
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:40 AM

Hi Graham. This is the post that actually peaked my interest and why I asked the question. I thought that maybe I had missed something. I hope that when I buy a Feature Set, I'm not actually buying something that will turn out to be free if I had just waited. Right now, I'm a monthly Now subscriber and am undecided about renewing to an annual subscription.

Peace  Smile

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 5:55 AM

Rick,

For that concern just make sure to look at https://www.logos.com/now-timeline before you make your decision.  For example, if you just keep the Logos 6 and cancel NOW the Bible browser will no longer work for you.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1645
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:06 AM

Thank you Thomas.

Peace  Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS