Maybe a bug: Courses feature does not have read aloud ability?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 20
Pastor Park | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2016 8:43 AM

This might go hand in hand with the fact that courses doesn't seem to save the place from where you left off, but is there a way to have it read aloud the text? I am a fan of the read aloud text feature - yet I can't seem to currently use it in courses.

Posts 26267
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:33 PM

Stephanie Park:
the fact that courses doesn't seem to save the place from where you left off,

It saves your place by reading/video but not within a reading. Is that what you are seeing?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 1:51 PM

Hi, Stephanie. I take it that you mean the "Read this resource" command that can be found on the panel menu of most resources. The Courses tool doesn't have that, yet.

Posts 20
Pastor Park | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:38 PM

Okay thanks Eli. That's what I was getting at.

Posts 548
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:08 AM

Eli Evans:

Hi, Stephanie. I take it that you mean the "Read this resource" command that can be found on the panel menu of most resources. The Courses tool doesn't have that, yet.

I was searching to see if anyone posted this, and here it is.

"oh, no!"

this is a major functionality bug, to me (no CTRL-R), I have purchased special voices for my computer that help me in my learning/listening/reading.  Is there any timeline on when it will be implemented, so I can continue my studies?  another strike. :(  Or do I have to skip using the courses 7 tool until there is the import (resource tracking) and read (CTRL-R) function restored. can we have the Courses LN back until then? :(

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:15 AM

Brent Hoefling:
this is a major functionality bug, to me (no CTRL-R), I have purchased special voices for my computer that help me in my learning/listening/reading.  Is there any timeline on when it will be implemented, so I can continue my studies?  another strike. :(  Or do I have to skip using the courses 7 tool until there is the import (resource tracking) and read (CTRL-R) function restored. can we have the Courses LN back until then? :(

The import reading progress feature should be added in an 7.0 SR very soon.

I confirmed that CTRL+R doesn't start reading from within the courses tool, either. Eventually, we want to add all of the amenities that resource panels enjoy to the Courses tool. I don't think that read aloud would be very difficult, so I can suggest to the team that they prioritize it.

In the meantime, any resource reading from within a course has a headline at the top (to the left of the Continue button) which you can click to open that resource in a new panel. Then CTRL+R will work. It's not the best, obviously, but it does work alright.

Posts 20
Pastor Park | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:59 AM

Thank you Eli, for passing it on. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS