Logos 7 Tip: From Sluggish To Fast (With Thanks)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 143
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:26 AM

Reference: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/129398/841548.aspx 

Thanks who all who empathetically provided suggestions. Now my Logos 7 seem to be running just as fast and responsive as Logos 6 on my Pentium Dual Core 2.13 GHZ with 4 GB RAM and Windows 10 on HDD.

Symptom: Every task on Logos 7 took a lot of time when done the first time. E.g Home Page, Library, Opening Resource. This was not so in Logos 6

Work Around:

1. Bradley suggested from my Logos logs that disk I/O is slow
  2. In logos Program Settings, ensure that only minimum features are turned on by default.
  3. Unistalled all non-critcal programs from my Laptop. No programs run on startup.
  4. Deleted all un-necessary folders files from disks.
  5. Defragmented disks. Checked for errors.
  6. Disabled indexing on system drive.
  7. Moved user files to different drive.
  8. Replaced anti-virus to a light weight one. Minimized Anti-Virus activity.
  9. Since I had 4 GB RAM and usage was low, disabled paging to disk and virtual memory.
  10. Ensured HDD and display drivers are up to date.
  11. Still disk I/O was 100% at Windows boot with no programs running.
  12. Disabled Windows Search and Background Intelligent Transfer Services.
  13. Disk I/O significantly reduced.
  14. Now Logos 7 seem to be as responsive as Logos 6 even with Indexing (still under observation)

Footnote: A small community of loyal and paying Logosites may not always have the latest and high end laptop, nor able to switch to better hardware E.g. SSD.Kindly be more empathetic to this minority if possible and focus little more on performance tuning of the software.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:41 AM

Peter Lever:
Kindly be more empathetic to this minority if possible and focus little more on performance tuning of the software.

I understand.  My six year old laptop was pretty speedy at the time I got it. I have done clean installs and re-installs along the way to keep it as fresh as possible and will continue to do so for as long as I'm able.  This baby really has to give me a few more years.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS