Sermon Editor: Naming Convention Inconsistency

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:54 AM

**This is not a complaint post.** I am simply requesting two changes that might bring consistency to the naming of the "Sermon Editor," one regarding the naming within the software and one regarding the naming within Faithlife's publicity and advertizements. 

The terminology used for the "Sermon Editor" function seems to me to be inconsistent in a couple of different ways.

1. Naming Across the Logos Bible Software Itself: The program uses the term "Sermon" and "Sermon Editor" in different places within the app itself. This seems to me to be inconsistent. The following pics show how the software names the editor "Sermon" in the new document selection menu, but calls it "Sermon Editor" in the new tab selection menu. I am assuming "sermon" is the name of the document, and sermon editor the name of the tool. However, you'll notice that notes, clippings, passage list, etc. don't employ the addition of things like "editor" to describe them. Could it be changed to "Sermon Notes" or something else that would bring consistency to the overall program?

2. Naming in Publicity: The publicity of calling something "Sermon Editor" is not helpful to a new user's user experience. The title "Sermon Editor" seems to me to imply that this is something I should access through the tools menu. However, it is actually a new document type, correct? Perhaps it would be better to publicize this as a new document type called "Sermon" or "Sermon Notes" or something to that affect. This would aid in the new user not having to go to the forums to ask where this new "Sermon Editor" can be found. 

Anyway... Again, this isn't meant to come off as "complainy," but rather a suggestion for minor tweaks.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:58 AM

One last item I failed to mention above. The tool tip (I think that is what this is called Big Smile ) doesn't provide a description of the "Sermon Editor" document similar to the way the other tool tips provide descriptions of the documents. See pics:

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:23 AM

One other areas of inconsistency I just came across can be found on the product pages. In the individual Feature Set page, the Feature Set Comparison page, and in the individual Base Package pages the product is named differently. On the above pages the feature is named "Sermon document;" yet, the Logos Pro article on the "Sermon Editor" is titled "Sermon Editor" rather than "Sermon Document."

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 11:04 AM

Hi, Jonathan. We've filed bugs for the missing description (which is my fault, oops!) and the inconsistent naming within the app (the add new tab title should also just be `Sermon` like other documents). Marketing lingo is outside my circle of competence, but I know others are discussing it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS