Updating an L4 install on a non-internet PC

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 5 2010 6:47 PM

I successfully installed L4 on a PC that is not connected to the internet (thanks Dave Hooton for the instructions!)  I recently purchased some resources and was wondering if I could simply copy the resource (*.logos4) files and my licesnses.dat to their respective folders to successfully update the install.  Has anyone tried this or know if it will work, or are there more files that need copied?  Thanks.

(To clarify - I have L4 installed on a PC that IS connected to the internet and was hoping to copy the files from that PC to the one that is not connected to the internet...)

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 7:18 PM

resources need to go in a new folder and then are imported using the "SCAN path" command

not sure on the dat file tho..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 2:04 PM

Just FYI, if anyone has the same questions, I figured this out.  I tried the scan command on my flash drive, but it did not find anything.  (I have used the scan command successfully before when I installed on my laptop.)  I simply did what I stated above:  I copied the resource files into the X:\Logos4\Data\<Random>\ResourceManager\Resources folder and I copied the licenses.dat file into the X:\Logos4\Data\<Random>\LicensesManager folder, replacing the one that was there.  When I started Logos, I got the message that it was preparing my library.  After a couple of minutes, it was up and running with the new resources available.  Hope this helps someone...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 2541
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 2:21 PM

I do the same thing and it works for me too.

Posts 27255
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 7:16 PM

Tom Geswein:
I tried the scan command on my flash drive, but it did not find anything.  (I have used the scan command successfully before when I installed on my laptop.)  I simply did what I stated above: 

Thanks Tom. We now know that one can successfully copy the licence file. I would strongly urge use of the scan command after that because we know it will initiate the correct actions whilst a manual copy can fail.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS