Please add a way for me to put footnotes in the sermon editor.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2016 10:43 AM

I still footnote everything I type, even if it will never be published.  When I take a direct quote from a source I can copy and paste, and a link is created and voilà I have the essence of a footnote.

BUT

When I take an idea from a source and wish to acknowledge it, there is currently no way I can find to include a footnote/link.  

Help!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 11:18 AM

Yes, this is much needed.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 11:22 AM

Right now I have to inline cite (Moore, Bill - p 27)  and I really don't like that format at all, especially when preaching.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 910
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 11:23 AM

And if you quoted me in a sermon, your hearers would like it even less. Smile

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 481
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 6:18 AM

TCBlack:

I still footnote everything I type, even if it will never be published.  When I take a direct quote from a source I can copy and paste, and a link is created and voilà I have the essence of a footnote.

BUT

When I take an idea from a source and wish to acknowledge it, there is currently no way I can find to include a footnote/link.  

Help!

Yes, while quotes from Logos are clickable in Sermon Editor, we need a way to acknowledge sources from elsewhere, e.g. webpages. Links put inline with the sermon text are not ideal.

One workaround is to have a final heading and text after the end of the sermon text, where all footnotes are pasted manually, with numbered references to the place in the text where they are associated.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:35 AM

Ah, back to the manual typewriter. Huh?

Check the Wiki

Posts 8
Jason Bearup | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 2:32 PM

I would also like to have the ability to link to a notes file in the Sermon Editor. When I am preparing a sermon or a series I will often use clippings or notes to organize ideas.  If I wanted to preach the sermon at a later time it would be nice to be able to locate those notes and clipping quickly with a link in the footer of the sermon. 

Can some of this be accomplished already? 

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 2:43 PM

Hi Jason - and welcome to the forums

You can't currently include links to notes or clippin in a sermon document.

You could use Favorites - https://wiki.logos.com/Favorites - to group them all together though

Graham

Posts 8
Jason Bearup | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 2:48 PM

yes that is what I am doing.  But I am trying to prevent from having a cluttered favorites section. Possibly in the private notes section of the sermon header we could use wiki links? At some point?

Posts 2367
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 15 2017 2:43 PM

I've let the team know about this request.

Posts 1
Josh Pannell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 3:59 AM

Yes. This is a much needed tool. I like to use sermon editor and print out handouts from it. It would be nice to make no edits to the document in Word after I export.

Posts 5
Mason Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 6:36 PM

I just wanted to echo this request. It's so major!

My current solution is to add a bracket and number in extra small format, like - [1] and then add a section at the bottom of the document with the footnote references. Aesthetically, I don't really like it, but it is better than nothing. 

We need to be able to add links, images, and footnotes into the sermon editor for me to use it completely.

P.S. Any Logos reps: please look into MultiMarkdown. It is a lightweight plain text format that can be easily styled and exported into a multitude of formats. It also handles links, images, and footnotes. In my opinion, this would be a better option than Microsoft Word for creating sermon documents and personal books.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS