indexer keeps failing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Richard Beehner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 6 2010 7:37 AM

I upgraded to Portfolio from Scholars in L3.

Toshiba Satallite A135; Pentium Dual-Core T2080 @ 1.73 GHz. w/ 2GB Ram,  32 bit Windows Vista /SP2 and 110 GB HD with 15GB free.

The portfolio with some additional purchases = 2, 892 resources.

It initialy took 18 hours to index (this is the actual time not the reported time.) Subesquent indexing continues to fail after about 7 hours. 

I turned on logging (attached)2781.Logos4.log6557.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 7:54 AM

Richard, how are you doing this subsequent indexing? Do you initiate it or does Logos?

If Logos, then type Rebuild Index in the Command Bar and hit Enter.

If you, then delete the contents to the following folders and restart Logos: C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{Random String}\LibraryIndex

If you've done either of these with no success, let us know.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 196
Dan Pogue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 9:37 AM

Hey Richard,

You may also want to consider downloading the sp3 pack and make sure you have the most recent net frame from MS...may help or not...hope it does...

blessings,

danp

Posts 14
Andy Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 10:04 AM

I am having the same issue on both my laptop and my desktop.  I will try this and see if it works

Posts 1
drnewton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 4:46 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the tip. The automatic re-index was terminating on both my WIN7 laptop and my XP desktop (Portfolio with about 4500 books). The manual Rebuild Index worked successfully on both machines in about 8 hours.

Posts 4
Richard Beehner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 8:38 PM

Mark,

Logos initiated the indexing. Typing "Rebuild Index" worked.  It took exactly 12.5 hours. Looking Good. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS