Sermon Editor problems

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Brenden Bridges | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:41 PM

This is my first week using sermon editor and noticing some initial problems.  One is that there is no way to move text around in your document.. when I cut text it takes me back to the beginning of the document every time.  It's a little frustrating and clunky.  I wish there was a move button that could move text around easily.  The other would be a back button.. I know there is control Z but a back button would have been nice.  I also, managed to delete a large portion of my sermon without noticing and then tried to recover my lost information on my account.. Only to discover that  sermon editor (cloud)  only had the heading of my sermon and none of my text...ouch..

Posts 1
Michael Meyers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 5:20 PM

I have encountered the same problems. I realize now that this sermon editor can only be useful with Proclaim which I don't own. Unless improved it will be of very little use. for instance when I want to export to Word or Powerpoint it will not come in the format exactly as developed within the logos editor. It will not bring my notes into Powerpoint nor will it export the slides into a word document to the left of the written manuscript as developed in logos.

Also, there is no undo button. So be careful if you accidentally press delete because you won''t get you stuff back.

IT NEEDS MORE DEVLOPMENT AND IMPROVMENT

Posts 215
LogosEmployee

Michael Meyers:
there is no undo button

Undo is accessible with Ctrl+Z on Windows and Cmd+Z on Mac.

Posts 215
LogosEmployee

Brenden Bridges:
when I cut text it takes me back to the beginning of the document every time.  It's a little frustrating and clunky.

Yes, this is a bug on our list to fix.

Posts 12
Brenden Bridges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 5:34 PM

That would be great... I am also, noticing that Logos is crashing all the time on me.Sad   I don't want to complain but rather bring it to your attention. Logos has been my companion for many years and am looking forward to using all the new features.

Posts 215
LogosEmployee

Edit: It looks like you edited the post I was replying to.

Do you mean documents.logos.com? It appears to be working for my account:

I may be misunderstanding.

Posts 215
LogosEmployee

Brenden Bridges:
Logos is crashing all the time on me.Sad

Definitely not desirable. Log files would help us diagnose your problem. Can you post them here?

Posts 1
Jeff Livingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 6:14 PM

I wish I knew that ctrl z would undo.  I was attempting to edit something into my sermon 40 minutes before the first service on a Sunday.  I copied something and pasted it.  The problem is that I didn't realize I had, somehow, selected all of my sermon to paste onto - so it effectively replaced my whole sermon with this one quote.  I was stuck as I searched frantically for an undo button.

Is that hard to add?

God is good and He taught me many lessons that day. 

Living and Learning

Posts 25635
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 7:40 PM

Jeff Livingston:
I wish I knew that ctrl z would undo

This is a standard Microsoft function. Like Minimize, Maximize, Close, Scroll bars . . . there are windows functions that are best not duplicated for performance and maintenance reasons. But you illustrate the problem ... you didn't know "undo" ... I just found the "resize corner" ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS