James Leo Garrett's "Systematic Theology" not showing up in Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Jamie Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 3 2016 7:32 PM

Hello all!

I've got the Baptist theologians work in Logos, but am not able to see it populate in the Passage Guide under Systematic Theologies.

Wondering if you all are having the same issue? Or if this text is not tagged correctly?

BTW - I have checked in all denominational streams, not just Baptist. Even simple texts, like John 3:16, do not show Garrett's Systematic.

Many thanks!

Posts 26728
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2016 7:52 PM

Do you have Brannan, Rick, and Peter Venable. Systematic Theology Cross-References: Dataset Documentation. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2015. in your library? That's a quick way to check if you have the required dataset.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10
Jamie Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2016 8:01 PM

Thanks MJ!

I checked this, and do have this resource. I looked into it, and noticed that James Leo Garrett's Systematic Theology is not included. Is there a way to get this in the dataset? It is a standard Systematic text for Baptists.

Posts 26728
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 3 2016 8:12 PM

It requires Faithlife to enter the appropriate tagging. You can make the suggestion.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1134
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:59 PM

Jamie Moore:

Thanks MJ!

I checked this, and do have this resource. I looked into it, and noticed that James Leo Garrett's Systematic Theology is not included. Is there a way to get this in the dataset? It is a standard Systematic text for Baptists.

And a very good one, too! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2016 11:52 AM

Jamie Moore:

Hello all!

I've got the Baptist theologians work in Logos, but am not able to see it populate in the Passage Guide under Systematic Theologies.

Wondering if you all are having the same issue? Or if this text is not tagged correctly?

BTW - I have checked in all denominational streams, not just Baptist. Even simple texts, like John 3:16, do not show Garrett's Systematic.

Many thanks!

Interestingly, this resource is part of the Systematic Theologies Collection (183 vols.)  which has the stated purpose of "With the latest update to Logos Now, when you search a verse in the Passage Guide, the Systematic Theologies section reports where in your systematic theologies that verse is noted . . . "  Hmmmm  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS