Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Russel Fox | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 7 2016 7:58 AM

I use as many as 3 computers for research. My primary computer and secondary computer is a macbook for what thats worth. I recently added Logos to another PC laptop that stays with me more during the day. I have been able to access my personal books on each of these, but for some reason, I do not have access to my personal books today. It is saying I don't have a license to view this resource.

Just curious if anyone has had this, and what I can do to work around it if anything. It did just do the update to 7.0SR2 and it has synced and says it is up to date.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:10 AM

Russel Fox:
I have been able to access my personal books on each of these, but for some reason, I do not have access to my personal books today. It is saying I don't have a license to view this resource.

The metadata (title, author, etc.) for personal books automatically syncs between all desktop installations, but the compiled file (the actual book) does not. What you are describing is what is expected when you try to access a book on a computer which doesn't have the compiled file. There are two ways to gain access: 

1. Compile the book on your device.
  2. Use the "upload" button on the original computer to upload the compiled file to the Logos servers.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13
Russel Fox | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 11:30 AM

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your reply.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS