Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Chris Myers | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 10 2016 7:31 PM

I'm confused about the relationship between Logos Now and Logos Desktop.  I have L6 Anglican Gold now.  If I upgrade to L7, I see the price broken down into feature set and new books.  I understand that.

The info for Logos Now says that subscribers get a 25% discount on feature sets.  

Why would I need that discount if I get everything through LN?  

If I have LN, do I not get an L7 feature set download?  

Is the entire L7 app run as a web app rather than a desktop app via LN?  

Do I have to be online all the time to use LN?

Posts 33837
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 7:36 PM

If you have Logos Now then the Full Feature Set would give you nothing you don't already have. The option to buy is for those who wish to own the features as insurance against later dropping of Logos Now.

Logos Now runs primarily on the Desktop with some Server features; the web app is an alternative access when you don't use the desktop ... it is still under development.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2205
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 7:40 PM

Chris Myers:
Why would I need that discount if I get everything through LN?

You don't need to buy a feature set if you're a Logos Now member. However, some customers have indiciated that they're committed to ownership AND want to take advantage of the early and exclusive access Logos Now provides. So we did our best to meet the needs of this customer segment by making Logos Now membership and feature set ownership compatible. The reason someone would want to do this is that if they decide to stop being a Logos Now member, they'd still own all the ownable features of Logos 7.

Chris Myers:
If I have LN, do I not get an L7 feature set download?

Logos Now includes access to everything in the ownable feature set products, and then some.

Chris Myers:
Is the entire L7 app run as a web app rather than a desktop app via LN?

Logos 7 is a desktop app that runs on Windows and Mac operating systems. We're working on a web app, and Logos Now members (and Cloud subscribers) get access to it.

Chris Myers:
Do I have to be online all the time to use LN?

Logos Now is a membership program, and one of its benefits to access to all the features we make. Some of those features require internet access, but many don't. You need to be online to use the online-only features like Bible Browser, Media, Atlas, etc. You also need to be online to use the Logos web app.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 11:58 PM

Chris

The whole thing is a bit confusing so my advice is...

Do one thing at a time

1. Subscribe to Logos Now for a year - this is a relatively small investment - even that can be recovered in 30 days if you are not happy with it.

2. If you are satisfied with what you have stop the process now.

3. If you want to increase the size of your library (and that only because a library or product is something you actually want and will use) wait until you have decided to retain your Logos Now membership for a year and then use the 25% discount to purchase what you want/need. This way the cost of your years membership will be effectively reduced by the amount of discount and may indeed be wiped out.

4. Forget about what 'grade' of owner you are. It matters not a hoot if you are Gold 4, Gold 5 or Golden Wonder. What matters is that you have the resources you need and the features to exploit them.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS