"GO" Box more accessible

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1575
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 12 2016 2:05 PM

I always wonder why the "GO" box has to be located on the Home Page only, and not on the main Logos program frame. The Home Page takes a long time to load on my machine, so I rarely go there.

Perhaps the "GO" box can be relocated to the main program? Perhaps it can even be combined with the Command Box to be some kind of "omni box"?

With the introduction of Quick Start Layouts and Home Page Layouts, is it now possible to get the "Enter passage/topic and press GO" functionality without having to go to the Home Page first?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 1575
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 2:25 PM

Bump...

Any thoughts, anyone?

Peter

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 2:51 PM

PL:

Bump...

Any thoughts, anyone?

Peter

Peter, I can't comment on what FL can/will do with that, but it seems like a good suggestion from you.  Here are a couple thoughts:

1. Deselect all the homepage things you don't want so that loading might be faster.

2. Make a default layout for your workspace to include either the passage guide or explorer or something like that.  Just use their "command box" to insert your scripture reference that you want to study.  Would be about the same thing.  And be sure and minimize all of those functions you don't want to populate immediately on, say, the passage guide, so that it all loads more quickly.

Do either of those sound like reasonable solutions?

Dan

PL:

Bump...

Any thoughts, anyone?

Peter

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

PL:
I always wonder why the "GO" box has to be located on the Home Page only, and not on the main Logos program frame. The Home Page takes a long time to load on my machine, so I rarely go there.

The "GO" box should be visible immediately and usable while the home page is still loading. Is this not the case for you?

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

PL:
With the introduction of Quick Start Layouts and Home Page Layouts, is it now possible to get the "Enter passage/topic and press GO" functionality without having to go to the Home Page first?

Yes. If you have a Bible (or commentary) open to a passage, choosing Layouts > Home Page Layouts > Passage will open an "Enter Passage, Click Go" layout as if you had entered that passage into the home page (but without having to go to the home page first).

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:14 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Yes. If you have a Bible (or commentary) open to a passage, choosing Layouts > Home Page Layouts > Passage will open an "Enter Passage, Click Go" layout as if you had entered that passage into the home page (but without having to go to the home page first).

Should that have been a "Yes and No" answer. It certainly works for passage but it doesn't work for topics (or I imagine other layouts)

Is there a reason that we couldn't type Go "Martin Luther" in the top bar to trigger a home page Go search?

Posts 1575
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:58 PM

Better yet, if one enters "John 3:16" in the command box, one of the dropdown options could be the same as entering it in the "GO" box.

Same if one enters a topic like "Temple" or "Martin Luther" in the command box.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 10:11 AM

Damian McGrath:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Should that have been a "Yes and No" answer. It certainly works for passage but it doesn't work for topics (or I imagine other layouts)

You can't start a Topic Study from an active Bible Reference. But if you already have the Topic Guide open to a topic, choose Layouts > Home Page Layout > Topic will start a study on that topic (again, as if you had entered it from the Home Page). (This feels like a somewhat convoluted workflow to me, so I'm going to report it to the team and find out if I'm missing something.)

Damian McGrath:
Is there a reason that we couldn't type Go "Martin Luther" in the top bar to trigger a home page Go search?

That's a great suggestion and I'll pass it along to the design team.

Posts 817
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 10:20 AM

PL:
Perhaps the "GO" box can be relocated to the main program? Perhaps it can even be combined with the Command Box to be some kind of "omni box"?

We agree. This has been in our design plans for a while. I expect we'll do it next time the home page gets a facelift/overhaul.

Posts 1575
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 12:00 PM

Thanks Bradley and Eli and all!

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS