Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:04 PM

The 5.5.5 versions of Bible!, Faithlife Study Bible, Verbum, Vyrso, Biblia! and Noet have been released and should soon be available in the Apple Store.

New

- Text Comparison is no longer limited to five Bibles (Logos 7 or Logos Now customers only)
- The ability to sort Text Comparison collections by Title

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 6:07 PM

I really want to set text comparison to 2 versions on my app. Is there a way to do that?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 6:26 PM

Philip Bassham:

I really want to set text comparison to 2 versions on my app. Is there a way to do that?

Yes; on Logos Desktop create a Collection with the two Bible versions you want to use, then sync the Desktop/Mobile apps and choose that Collection for Text Comparison.

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 6:51 PM

Thanks. Is there something in particular I need to do to sync, or is that automatic?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 7:47 PM

Philip Bassham:

Thanks. Is there something in particular I need to do to sync, or is that automatic?

Everything should automatically sync in a few minutes (assuming an active internet connection) but sometimes customers want things to sync immediately; please see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/123105.aspx for more information.

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:41 PM

Thanks. That helps. I see my collection sync and on the ios app I can see my collection in the library section, but when I go to Text comparison, it only shows a select few of my collections, not all of them (including this one that I am trying to get to work). 

Any idea the magic formula to make it show up as a collection to choose from in the text comparison tool?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 9:16 PM

Which two Bibles are in the collection?

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 1:06 AM

KJV and Thai Standard Version

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 1:18 AM

Hi Kevin

Is this related to the problem flagged during beta testing?

Looks very similar

Graham

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 1:25 AM

This is what I currently see in the Verbum app

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 3:19 AM

Philip Bassham:

KJV and Thai Standard Version

The Text Comparison feature wasn't designed to compare English Bible translations with Thai, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Japanese, French, German, or  all of the many other languages that the Bible has been translated to.

The chief purpose of Text Comparison is to compare the actual text of the various English Bible translations with each other, along with Greek and Hebrew sources.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 3:22 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Kevin

Is this related to the problem flagged during beta testing?

Looks very similar

Graham

Hi Graham,

Can you be more specific?

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 3:49 AM

Sorry Kevin, I wasn't meaning to be cryptic.

I don't know how to link to an entry in the mobile app Faithlife group but hopefully the screenshot below gives the context

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 3:55 AM

Kevin Byford (Faithlife):
The Text Comparison feature wasn't designed to compare English Bible translations with Thai, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Japanese, French, German, or  all of the many other languages that the Bible has been translated to.

Maybe not, but that is what I would like to use it for.

It currently works to compare lots of Bibles (including my Thai one), I just don’t want to see that many of them.

I don’t see why the version that I am trying to use should affect whether the feature works or not.

Too many versions

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:15 AM

We can act like I am trying to compare English versions if you want. It still doesn’t work.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:20 AM

Philip Bassham:

It currently works to compare lots of Bibles (including my Thai one), I just don’t want to see that many of them.

Did you create a collection of the two Bibles you wish to compare and then select that collection?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:31 AM

Philip Bassham:

We can act like I am trying to compare English versions if you want. It still doesn’t work.

Yeah, ok. It's 4:31am where I live and the only reason I'm still posting here is my dog is ill and I'm watching him. I'll try to create a video to explain this to you tomorrow. Thing is, it works perfectly - it seems you don't know how to create a collection and/or choose a collection when using Text Comparison. Sorry.

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:41 AM

Yes.

1. My 2 Bibles in a collection

2. Two English Bibles for good measure

3. They synced to documents.logos.com 

4. They show up on my device under search

5. They are not available in text comparison

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:49 AM

Kevin Byford (Faithlife):
Yeah, ok.

Just don’t appreciate being written off as soon as you find out that I am using a different language. That is not the problem.

Posts 27108
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 5:03 AM

Philip Bassham:
I don’t see why the version that I am trying to use should affect whether the feature works or not.

Sometimes the product description pages don't get updated when changes happen, but this resource shows as non mobile enabled: 

I see that it appears to be running on your mobile device, but I wonder if there are any licensing issues which may cause this glitch. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS