NT use of the OT interactive - translation choice issue

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 686
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:28 PM

I'm on Logos 7.1 beta 5 and having just received the update to this interactive, I can't work out why the OT verses insist on displaying from the NRSV - this happens regardless of my choice of translation in the top left, and the LEB is set as my default translation and my highest prioritised Bible (ESV is second).

I don't know if this is down to the interactive, the beta or just me being an idiot - any ideas?

Posts 1355
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:38 PM

Thanks, James. I'm seeing similar things happening and have reported this.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:42 PM

I'm seeing the same problem, but I have ESV as default.

It seems rather flaky. 

If I click back and forth between New Testament and Source sorting, I sometimes get ESV in the Source column..

Also switching back to New Testament sort after being on Source sorting sometimes excludes passages (notice that ESV is in the source column):

But if I click on New Testament again, the missing passages show up and the right column is back to NRSV:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1355
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 3:15 PM

Actually, I think the difference in "Source" translation has to do with whether the "Source" material in the result set contain any apocryphal/deuterocanonical references. If so, then it looks like one's highest preferred Bible with deuterocanon is used for the source translation.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 3:17 PM

I just bought a Logos book similarly named to this interactive.  Should i get my money back and wait for this interactive instead?

Thanks.  

Posts 1355
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 3:20 PM

JoshInRI:

I just bought a Logos book similarly named to this interactive.  Should i get my money back and wait for this interactive instead?

Thanks.  

The commentary you mention (Beale & Carson, correct?) is awesome. It has much valuable discussion. The interactive only lists and classifies references (and is unrelated to the material in Beale & Carson, just similarly named). 

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 4:55 PM

Hi James,

I'm  looking into this and will update this thread once I know more. Thanks for letting us know.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 74
Eduardo Fergusson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 12:21 PM

Is there any progress here? I like to use this tool but I don't ever use NRSV and I can't find an option to change it

Posts 8849
LogosEmployee

Eduardo Fergusson:

Is there any progress here? I like to use this tool but I don't ever use NRSV and I can't find an option to change it

This should be fixed in the updated interactive that was published today.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS