Personal books issue

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:36 PM

Hello,

Before investing in Logos, I owned the New Testament "For Everyone" books in epub.  After investing in Logos, I converted them to docx files and added bible milestones at each passage.  For a long time, they showed up when I searched for a passage.  Now, for some reason, they don't.  Right now I'm in Hebrews 11 - so when I type in Hebrews 11, all my commentaries come up except the personal books.

I have looked into them.  The milestones are correct, the personal books are formatted as "Bible Commentary," and they did work for a long time, but in the last year have stopped working.

After searching for a passage using the Passage Guide, if I select the book manually, it opens to whatever passage I have searched.  But it never comes up in my Commentaries results.

I asked this question here once before, but didn't have time to follow up, so I'm trying again.  Does anyone have insight as to why this might be happening?  Am I missing a setting?  The library is fully indexed, and I'm on Logos 7.  

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:15 PM

No need to double post. Have you checked that they are compiled as commentaries not monographs? That would be my first suspicion.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:19 PM

Yes, it is compiled as a Bible Commentary.

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:26 PM

Could you post a screenshot of the information panel (open resource - click circled i on the right)?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:30 PM

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:36 PM

Nick:
all my commentaries come up except the personal books.

Are they in the collection you use for the Commentaries section?

Have you expanded the complete list using more > ? (you could prioritise them in your top ten commentaries to make this task easier).

Try rebuilding the books.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:37 PM

I am searching all commentaries.  If I search only the collection that the For Everyone commentaries are in, I end up with no results.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:41 PM

Try rebuilding them

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 3:20 PM

Rats...  rebuilding fixed it.  I have not only made several personal books, but I have also compiled many from these forums.  That's going to mean that I have to rebuild well over 100 personal books.  Well - at least I have a solution.

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 1:47 PM

Update:  After installing a recent Logos update, this issue was resolved without rebuilding personal books on both computers where I run Logos software.  I don't know how or why - but I'm glad it's fixed.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2016 1:57 PM

Likewise!

Note that if you "Upload" a PB after compiling the Faithlife server will distribute it to all your desktop installations.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS